Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appcar DiagFCA

Post Thanks / Like
    The OBDPROM MT401 will reset the odometer reading but not very precisely, at least it didn't for me.

OBDPROG MT401 Pro: Mileage correction Tool - OBDPROG Technology co.,Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post
    The app won’t make any changes you don’t ask it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me the App just doesn't plain do anything, and the most annoying thing is, as many times as I've contacted Appcar Diagfca, they just keep sending my original email back, with no reply. As so>>

Your request will be processed in 24 hours (when office is open).
    Instructions.
    Software update

If a new version of the application is released, you can update it for free.
    To do this:

1. delete all databases (Settings tab),
    2. next uninstall the old version,
    3. then install a new version.

After installing a new version you may need to:

• write user data (Username, Password and Server)
    • download new versions of databases when connected to a vehicle.

Message Body:

Dear Friends, I'm fairly certain your app will turn on steering wheel controls, but not unless I have the Speedometer cluster, & of course the appropriate steering wheel. I've inquired about this before, but sent you the wrong info. Here is a link to the LX forum with the correct info that mentions "sales codes." Adding EVIC and steering wheel switches

--

This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Appcar DiagFCA (Appcar DiagFCA – diagnostyka OBD2 Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram)
    Last edited by garyfish340; 04-12-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    See, that’s the problem. I feel everyone thinks this is a tuning app. I said right from the start it’s not. It’s a DIAGNOSTIC tool to check things and make minor changes. If anyone can send me a quote where I said this was like a Diablosport tool you can have my ****ing car. I’m not sure what some of you are expecting with this but you obviously don’t diagnose your own stuff like I do.

I’ll say it again their communication is terrible and even documentation is nil, but it’s helped me a lot. Sorry it didn’t help anyone else. Like I said I’ll keep this stuff to myself and not bother sharing with the community. Figure it out yourselves.

05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finshed reviewing this thread even though I subscribed to it from the begining.

First if all if you just look at name of the App you should come to the basic conclusion than this is NOT a TUNING TOOL.

This tool is very similar to the Tazer by Zautomotive.

Sent via Tapatalk
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post
    See, that’s the problem. I feel everyone thinks this is a tuning app. I said right from the start it’s not. It’s a DIAGNOSTIC tool to check things and make minor changes. If anyone can send me a quote where I said this was like a Diablosport tool you can have my ****ing car. I’m not sure what some of you are expecting with this but you obviously don’t diagnose your own stuff like I do.

I’ll say it again their communication is terrible and even documentation is nil, but it’s helped me a lot. Sorry it didn’t help anyone else. Like I said I’ll keep this stuff to myself and not bother sharing with the community. Figure it out yourselves.

No actually you said,
    "EVIC now possible WITHOUT the dealership. I just did it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Your serve!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    I just finshed reviewing this thread even though I subscribed to it from the begining.

First if all if you just look at name of the App you should come to the basic conclusion than this is NOT a TUNING TOOL.

This tool is very similar to the Tazer by Zautomotive.

Sent via Tapatalk
    I quote from their website.
    The “Programming” tab allows you to edit selected configuration parameters of the vehicle.
    When using this tab, we recommend connect to the vehicle using the USB interface.
    Our studies have shown that some Bluetooth and WiFi devices may not be able to save data in the vehicle, but some Bluetooth devices works propertly.
    The list of available parameters for editing depends on the equipment of the vehicle and the version of systems installed in vehicle.
    To edit the parameters, select the item from the list and click the “Run” button.
    In the following steps set the values of the edited parameters.
    The editing process can be aborted by clicking the “Cancel” button.

Installation

To install the application run the file setup.exe .
    Please read and accept the rules of the license agreement when installing the application.

First use

When you first start the program, go to the “Settings” tab and fill in the fields:

• User
    • Password
    • Server

using data received after purchase of software license.
    Select the COM port that the Diagnostics Interface uses. You can check the number: from DeviceManager, select “View devices by type”, then “Ports (COM & LPT)”.

Connecting to the vehicle

Connection to the vehicle is possible when:

• In the “Settings” tab you have: (1) the appropriate COM port number under which the ELM327 diagnostic interface is available, (2) the appropriate “baud rate”
      • For most devices should be set to 38400.
      • For OBDLink SX should be set to 115200.
      • For some devices should be set to 9600.

• The diagnostic interface is connected to the computer, whether it is connected to a USB connector or paired via Bluetooth, depending on the device version.
    • The diagnostic interface is connected to the DLC diagnostic connector on the vehicle.
    • The ignition switch on the vehicle is in the “Run” position – Ignition ON.

If the above conditions are met, the application will connect to the vehicle by pressing the “Connect to Vehicle” button:

The process of connecting to the vehicle is signaled by the green progress bar visible under the Buttons, as well as the information displayed in the application status bar.

Once you have connected to the vehicle, the information in the next section will be displayed in the “Vehicle” tab.

My Car tab

The My vehicle tab contains basic information:

• regarding the vehicle with which the connection was made,
    • about the version of the diagnostic interface ELM327 compliant,
    • about the diagnostic database of the vehicle with which the connection was made. Two scenarios are possible:

If the Database is not available, download it from our server by clicking “here” or by using button the “Settings” tab.

Diagnostic tab

The tab contains a list of modules available on the vehicle.
    The list contains the following fields:

• Module – module acronym, according to the nomenclature used by the vehicle manufacturer
    • Name – full module name
    • Active – The number of active DTC trouble codes read from the module
    • Pending- The number of pending DTC trouble codes read from the module
    • Stored – The number of stored DTC trouble codes read from the module

To access the diagnostic functions available for a particular module, double-click it in the list or select it and click the “Run Diagnostics” button.
    Module info tab

The “Module info” tab is available in the Diagnostics tab, after selecting the module. The basic information about the module – identification and configuration information is displayed.
    Live data tab

The “Live data” tab allows you to view the current values of the selected parameters of a given module.
    Values are displayed for the selected parameters, after pressing the “Start” button.
    The “Show selected items only” option allows you to hide inactive parameters.

DTCs tab

The “DTCs” tab contains a list of trouble codes read from the module.
    The colors to the left of the items in the list indicate the status of the trouble code:

• means that the trouble code is active
    • means that the trouble code has pending status
    • means that the trouble code has stored status

Below are three buttons available:

It allows you to export data from the list of trouble codes – to the clipboard or file

It allows you to refresh the list of trouble codes

Clears the trouble codes memory in the module – if the trouble codes have ‘active’ status, they may not be erased until the fault is resolved.
    Actuators tab

The “Actuators” tab allows you to control the actuators and tests available in the module.

Report tab

The “Report” tab contains the contents of the Vehicle Scan Report.
    It can be found in it:

• basic vehicle data (model, year, VIN, odometer count)
    • list of available systems, with a list of error trouble for each of them.

The report can be:

• copy to clipboard
    • save to * .rtf text file

Programming tab

The “Programming” tab allows you to edit selected configuration parameters of the vehicle.
    When using this tab, we recommend connect to the vehicle using the USB interface.
    Our studies have shown that some Bluetooth and WiFi devices may not be able to save data in the vehicle, but some Bluetooth devices works propertly.
    The list of available parameters for editing depends on the equipment of the vehicle and the version of systems installed in vehicle.
    To edit the parameters, select the item from the list and click the “Run” button.

You can edit of available parameters

The last step in editing parameters – a summary is displayed:

• Programming Status: OK or ERROR
    • List of parameter values saved after programming

Post Thanks / Like
    So if I read what they state, it isn't a tuning tool? What does, "editing parameters" mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfish340 View Post
    I quote from their website.

***** Snip ****
    I think you're taking the term "Programmimg" literally. If you had supplied can tunes and other tuning options of adding timing, change idle, change max RPM, reset the speed limiter etc like Trinity from Diablo has then you would have a real Tuner. But, all this does is turn on/off switches in the configuration files.

I have a 17 Scat and with the Tazer I am able to access the SRT options that are pre-loaded in the ECM but not turned on. Zautomitive also has an option to add the 3 Aux buttons (supplied for $45) and to remap them to the user's requirements.. IE - Button 1 = line lock, Button 2 = launch control, Button 3 = Sport Mode/Street Mode/ Custom Mode (press 1,2,3 times) The Tazer also has a light show option that you can run from the key fob. The only thing I know you can actually change is the tire size to correct a speedo error.
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're taking the term "Programmimg" literally. If you had supplied can tunes and other tuning options of adding timing, change idle, change max RPM, reset the speed limiter etc like Trinity from Diablo has then you would have a real Tuner. But, all this does is turn on/off switches in the configuration files.

I have a 17 Scat and with the Tazer I am able to access the SRT options that are pre-loaded in the ECM but not turned on. Zautomitive also has an option to add the 3 Aux buttons (supplied for $45) and to remap them to the user's requirements.. IE - Button 1 = line lock, Button 2 = launch control, Button 3 = Sport Mode/Street Mode/ Custom Mode (press 1,2,3 times) The Tazer also has a light show option that you can run from the key fob. The only thing I know you can actually change is the tire size to correct a speedo error.
    No offense, but the only thing I mention was what the title did. Installing a functioning EVIC cluster. I never mentioned messing with the engine tune, or TCM.

Tuning means exactly what it says, " Changing parameters", in this case, it claims it can change what you car was optioned with, and in the post specifically, EVIC cluster. I am not confusing the term, I'm clarifying if anything. And I'm not actually trying to go after the Author of the post, I'm going after the statement that Appcar, Will reply the requests, and add sales codes to allow parameter changes. The Author of this post has been inquiring about how to add a EVIC cluster since before 2011, when people were doing this job the hard way, and there was no Appcar program.
    For that matter, you really need to have the correct model cluster for the car you have. If you have a cluster from a super bee, or srt8 charger and you install it in a magnum, the rear hatch will read the wrong resistance, and not open. This maybe something Appcar could resolve. Somehow I doubt it since it's similar to the temp gauge issue in resistance.
    2011 post
    " mike, if you want to use a charger cluster in your magnum, you need to modify the rear gate switch. take a good look at this picture. it is the switch inside the gate handle. there are only two wires. the wire on the right goes straight into the brass contact. now look at the wire on the left. you can see the wire goes into the switch a little to the left of the brass contact. between that wire and the brass contact is a 4.7 ohm resistor. i soldered over that resistor to eliminate it.

also, everything you see here is burried in plastic. i scraped the plastic off until i saw the resistor. as you can see, i scraped the right side first and didn't find the resistor. you will not have to do that. just scrape the plastic off the left side where the resistor is hidden under the plastic.

once you modify the switch, the rear gate handle will work with the charger cluster. you can also buy the charger's dash button and plug that in to pop the gate too. and you can change the rubber insert in the key FOB with one from a charger to get the 4th button. that too will work to pop the rear gate remotely.

you will have to change the gate struts to stronger ones or and a little spring to the stock struts to help it get past the catch.
    Last edited by garyfish340; 04-14-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    No harm - no foul

Carry on.
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    No harm - no foul

Carry on.
    These guys from the early days of the LX Forum really knew their stuff. They learned it the hard way trial, and error. The trunk hatch is the key. I think it was Genesteeler or Jay727 who replied about FCMs, and basically said, "If it can't communicate, than you're wasting your time." If the resistors are different for oil press, or temp gauge, or the rear hatch. It's not going to read correctly. So in some cases, it's not going to work. I can't imagine that the Charger cluster would have a different resistor for oil, and temp than a Magnum. (It can work by modification.)
    Anybody looking to install a basic 2005 EVIC cluster? I didn't think so unless like me you just want steering controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfish340 View Post
    These guys from the early days of the LX Forum really knew their stuff. They learned it the hard way trial, and error. The trunk hatch is the key. I think it was Genesteeler or Jay727 who replied about FCMs, and basically said, "If it can't communicate, than you're wasting your time." If the resistors are different for oil press, or temp gauge, or the rear hatch. It's not going to read correctly. So in some cases, it's not going to work. I can't imagine that the Charger cluster would have a different resistor for oil, and temp than a Magnum. (It can work by modification.)
    Anybody looking to install a basic 2005 EVIC cluster? I didn't think so unless like me you just want steering controls.
    I don't think that it's a different resistor, I think the clusters are programmed to the VIN. I tried putting an SRT8 cluster in my 300c and the only think that worked was the speedo, I had nothing for oil pressure, water temp, and voltage.

I sent them an email about a month ago asking if I could reprogram the cluster to work in my car and never received a response. I am going to purchase the app so I can reset the airbag light on my car, and disable the tpms on my wife's Journey.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JD323;5132748]I don't think that it's a different resistor, I think the clusters are programmed to the VIN. I tried putting an SRT8 cluster in my 300c and the only think that worked was the speedo, I had nothing for oil pressure, water temp, and voltage.

I sent them an email about a month ago asking if I could reprogram the cluster to work in my car and never received a response. I am going to purchase the app so I can reset the airbag light on my car, and disable the tpms on my wife's Journey.

To swap out the Cluster with an EVIC Cluster the FCM needs updateing (in my case 05 to 06, plus the 07 cluster must be flashed to 06.). Most cases those without the Wheel Controls will still need to swap the SCM and Clockspring... Most of the time if you have the Traction Control Button, then you shouldnt need the different SCM & Clockspring, as you should already have the correct one.

The Homelink Module is needed if you wish to have the EVIC Compass feature working, but you can still add EVIC without the HM, you'll just notice to dash marks -- where the Compass reading is supposed to be... You can add the HM at a later date like I plan to for mine...
    As I stated earlier, I only have issues with oil press., and engine temp, plus hatch release.
    Added EVIC !!! Big Thanks To NYinstaller !!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=garyfish340;5132751]
    Quote Originally Posted by JD323 View Post
    I don't think that it's a different resistor, I think the clusters are programmed to the VIN. I tried putting an SRT8 cluster in my 300c and the only think that worked was the speedo, I had nothing for oil pressure, water temp, and voltage.

To swap out the Cluster with an EVIC Cluster the FCM needs updateing (in my case 05 to 06, plus the 07 cluster must be flashed to 06.). Most cases those without the Wheel Controls will still need to swap the SCM and Clockspring... Most of the time if you have the Traction Control Button, then you shouldnt need the different SCM & Clockspring, as you should already have the correct one.

The Homelink Module is needed if you wish to have the EVIC Compass feature working, but you can still add EVIC without the HM, you'll just notice to dash marks -- where the Compass reading is supposed to be... You can add the HM at a later date like I plan to for mine...
    As I stated earlier, I only have issues with oil press., and engine temp, plus hatch release.
    Added EVIC !!! Big Thanks To NYinstaller !!
    Did you have to get the FCM programmed to your VIN? In my case, I have the entire car as a donor. It's a salvaged SRT8, and I wanted to put the gauge cluster in my non SRT8, but when I tried it, I believed only the speedo, tach, and fuel gauge worked. My car is an 05, and the parts car is an 06.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12