Post Thanks / Like

ZAutomotive Tazer issues/freezing, any ideas?

Any ideas on why my Tazer keeps freezing up on me in my 2014 300C AWD 5.7L? It's got the 2.4.3 FW, I've tried to unmarry and remarry it, full reboot etc a bunch of times now. It freezes either on the EVIC screen when I try to change settings or during a light show, or just becomes unresponsive and wont work unless I pull it out and put it back in. Checked pins and they look clean/straight. All I've been able to do is unlock the SRT/Perf pages, a few AWD options work so far, but AutoSport On doesn't work, no LineLock at all, nor does DRL settings work. LightShow works at times but then freezes. Can't change anything else without it freezing.

I've emailed and left a FB message with Zautomotive but no response yet in weeks+.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Z Automotive is definitely not worth supporting as they don't have any support or even a stable product, been months trying to get support and nothing...
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; 09-30-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Still no reply from Zautomotive. Guess they aren't interested in helping people with their products? Impressive...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this...take it back to the .1 version, then load the .2, then reload the .3 version.

I know those 3 had to be loaded in order if you were on anything newer than .2

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven't heard back from them other then to ask for the order number which I gave them 2x now, this is ridiculous... :(
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same issue, it's soooo slow it times out before it moves on to next option. Spoke to them about it and they recommended I send it back, but I got loaded what I wanted and kinda forgot about it.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't even get it to load stuff, it freezes and I have to shut the car off and pull it to reset everything :( Not usable like this at all...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you unmarried it from your car and reinstalled the software as Punisher suggested? I had some issues and just manually re-installed 2.4.3 to the Tazer and now all is fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    try 2.4.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Any ideas on why my Tazer keeps freezing up on me in my 2014 300C AWD 5.7L? It's got the 2.4.3 FW, I've tried to unmarry and remarry it, full reboot etc a binuch of times now. It freezes either on the EVIC screen when I try to change settings or during a light show, or just becomes unresponsive and wont work unless I pull it out and put it back in. Checked pins and they look clean/straight. All I've been able to do is unlock the SRT/Perf pages, AWD options work so far, but AutoSport On doesn't work, no LineLock, nor does DRL settings. LightShow works at times but then freezes. Can't change anything else without it freezing.

I've emailed and left a FB message with Zautomotive but no response yet in a week.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
    Try this, but text only:
    *(631) 533-3363‬
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try that this weekend guys, thanks.
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; 03-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Going back to earlier FW and up to the beta one helped a lil, but if I go for a drive with it plugged in and come back, its frozen up, won't respond to anything then.

Finally got a hold of the company that makes/supports it, looks like they are gonna take a look at it for me (FB group is easier then email it looks like, but still a pita!) [[EDIT: It is defective, something about a Diode, they replaced it which was nice, but this length of time to get a reply is not acceptable.]]

Its popping up code in my car, which go away after I remove it. No one there is replying or trying to help at all via email or FB.
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; 09-13-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    They won't support anything. I tried via email and nothing (no reply at all, even though I told them via FB I was trying to email them.) I joined their FB page and asked for help and they did nothing but say it was only me (which they say to everyone in those pages it looks like!) then kicked me out of the group after I asked a bunch of times for an update these past months(!+) as to what was being done to fix it (to which I got no reply either.) So no way to get this lame toy fixed and to stop it popping codes up on my car, this has been going on since FEBRUARY (so I have been beyond patient!)
    Z Automotive is definitely not worth supporting as they don't have any support or even a stable product...
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; 09-30-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·