Post Thanks / Like

Question HELP! random limp mode WOT

I've been fighting this problem since the racing season started, the car launches hard (60' in the 1.75-1.85 depending on weather) but by 330' goes into limp mode. Car is 06 Magnum SRT8 with following mods: exhaust,CAI,FTI 3K stall, blue top solenoids,3.55, shocks and bushings,tuned w/i2. This happens 50% of the time at the track but unable to replicate on the street. Usually there is no supported code but sometimes it comes up w/ failure to communicate ABS,shifter,PCM. Everytime I think I've got it solved it rears it's ugly head. I've changed tunes several times and even replaced TB, nothing has helped...any ideas (I'll try anything short of dynamite).

Post Thanks / Like
    Possibly lower your shift points about 100rpm. I’ve seen that solve some guys issues with similar symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Thanks DrgnWagon thanked for this post
    Likes DrgnWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the TCM tuned?
    My guess is you are hitting the TCM RPM limiter...
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes DrgnWagon, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx guys! I'll try both suggestions.
    formerly minihemi 148
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    Is the TCM tuned?
    My guess is you are hitting the TCM RPM limiter...
    Exactly, that’s the reason guys were lowering the shift points that little bit, it seemed to be working for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes DrgnWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy no change

Well...test last night after setting rev limiter and shift points back to stock, no change 22.32,(ten minutes later) 12.67,12.61,22.01. Don't know if this is hardware or tuning related but I have a serious problem .
    formerly minihemi 148

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure stock setting will work all that well with the 3.55 rear, random over shooting limiter. I run HPT and TCM limit is 200 rpm below engine, but I don't race, so I may be a little off. Try increasing the spread between TCM and Eng. Either raise the Eng side more or lower TCM.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    OK got the codes, UO121 ABS, UO100 ECM/PMC A failute to communicate w/ module A, UO103 gear shift failure to communicate w/ module A ...does anyone know where module A is? Should I replace it? Can't find anything in FAQ that tells me.
    formerly minihemi 148