Post Thanks / Like

Question about MTCM

OK SO I've got a Supercharged 3.5l Chrysler 300. Performance Mods are as follows:

• JBA Shorty Headers
    • Custom Mandrel Bent True Dual Exhaust
    • Straight Piped Convertors
    • SRT 4 Injectors (577)
    • 3-Bar Map Sensor
    • Platinum NKG Spark Plugs
    • Ported Throttle body
    • True Cold Air Intake (Mounted in Bumper area)
    • Custom FMIC (Front Mounted Intercooler) Setup
    • Upgraded PowerDyne Supercharger (The Super-PowerDyne rebuild by 928 Motorsports raises impeller speeds to 46,000 from 36,000. Its' supposed produce 20% more power across the board from stock).
    • Sur-Grip Coated Supercharger Pulley (dropped from 3" to 2.75")
    • Custom Transmission Oil Cooler Setup
    • Dual BT Catch Can Setup
    • 3.91 Gears
    • 42RLE to NAG1 (W5A580) Transmission swap.

Bought but notbinstalled yet.

• FTI 3000 stall converter
    • Inertia Motorsports 3.5l v1.2 cam

Sorry for the 21 questions:

Now I know I need to do the MTCM before I do the stall concert or because of 1800rpm relearn..... Do you guys think it would beneficial to add the MTCM? Shift points would be 6000-6200. Compared to the 5.5k I'm shifting at currently. I know my current TCM came off a older 08 v6 charger with the nag1. I never had it reprogrammed but I did reset the adapter Ives. So I know I messed up there but still? Thoughts? I know it's for a 5.7l all that does is detirn the shift points tho right? 6000-6200 should be fine on the 3.5l yeah?

This is what I was thinking

MTCM to increase shift points and fix the shift management. Also when I add the stall converter the 2nd gear lock up should help a lot. Torque converter will give me my low end power. Cam will give me better top end. (Trying to source heads to do HO heads when I do cams). This one won't be getting done for a while but I bought the cams while they where available.

Am I correct? Thoughts? I know it's for a 5.7l all that does is detirn the shift points tho right? 6000-6200 should be fine on the 3.5l yeah?

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need a different TCM just because you're installing a higher stall torque converter. However a MPTCM will help significantly increase NAG1 performance.

Note: the only method of adapting a / any TCM to a different NAG1 is either:
    a) the TCM is new and automatically defaults to the Adaptive Learn process after first PWR-up that must be followed precisely or,
    b) an OBDII tool (StarSCAN / MOBILE, WiTech, etc) is required to perform a purge / Forced Relearn.

Simply resetting the Drivability Adaptives with, for example a Diablosport device does not perform the above process.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    You don't need a different TCM just because you're installing a higher stall torque converter. However a MPTCM will help significantly increase NAG1 performance.

Note: the only method of adapting a / any TCM to a different NAG1 is either:
    a) the TCM is new and automatically defaults to the Adaptive Learn process after first PWR-up that must be followed precisely or,
    b) an OBDII tool (StarSCAN / MOBILE, WiTech, etc) is required to perform a purge / Forced Relearn.

Simply resetting the Drivability Adaptives with, for example a Diablosport device does not perform the above process.
    Just the man I was looking for. I understood point A and B very. I was just more worried about staying under the 1800 rpm if I put the stall converter in before the MTCM. The programing that was in the factory TCM I got from a junk yard. This TCM was never had any update of any kind all I did was wire up a harness to TCM and change the gear ratio. Yeah I know I read that its a bad idea not to do the relearn because of it knowing the old transmission specs. Transmission is fairly new its almost 2 years old but only has MAYBE 500 miles on it. According to research and the paper that came with the MTCM the shifts are 3000 - 6200 rpm. Everything should be good to go. OK so great that confirms it.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojiaraggs9000 View Post
    Just the man I was looking for. I understood point A and B very. I was just more worried about staying under the 1800 rpm if I put the stall converter in before the MTCM. The programing that was in the factory TCM I got from a junk yard. This TCM was never had any update of any kind all I did was wire up a harness to TCM and change the gear ratio. Yeah I know I read that its a bad idea not to do the relearn because of it knowing the old transmission specs. Transmission is fairly new its almost 2 years old but only has MAYBE 500 miles on it. According to research and the paper that came with the MTCM the shifts are 3000 - 6200 rpm. Everything should be good to go. OK so great that confirms it.
    Pretty easy to stay under the rpm set points - if you plan your route and the road(s) are fairly level. The key thing to remember is that the MPTCM will commence storing data to non-volatile memory locations once that start temperature set point is reached. If you are not in a position to begin the actual process when that temperature is reached...it will record / store whatever(!) data it gathers...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 07-03-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Pretty easy to stay under the rpm set points - if you plan your route and the road(s) are fairly level. The key thing to remember(!0 is that the MPTCM will commence storing pertinent data to non-volatile memory locations once the start temperature for the first part is reached. If you are not in a position to begin the actual process when that temperature is reached...it will record / store whatever(!) data is present...
    Yeah I was reading that. It states the coast downs first because of the temps are 140F to 158F VS the upshifts being 140F to 212F.

Post Thanks / Like
    That engine will respond to higher shift points around 6500 would be good. That will bring your recovery rpm up also so it won't bog as bad when it upshifts.
    Six Offenderl and builder of the finest Fiat Hemi stroker engines.
    Likes Hemissary, sojiaraggs9000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 392Stu View Post
    That engine will respond to higher shift points around 6500 would be good. That will bring your recovery rpm up also so it won't bog as bad when it upshifts.
    HAha whats up STU. I was the guy that recently them 1.2v cams for my 3.5l. Should that be done before or after cam swap? Trying to save up and catch you guys when they're in stock lol. Im Supercharged but Im still working off a canned tune from Brent Hughs. When recovering does it bog pretty bad or will it be bearable until I get it to a dyno for tuning.