Post Thanks / Like

Where to start on learning how to tune?

Taking the jump on learning how to tune and was wondering if anyone has any comments on the following options:

Learn How To Tune Like A Pro | Online Tuning Courses

The Tuning School - High Performance Tuning Knowledge

I'd like to attend the in person options but I realize that remote is the only option I have till next summer. Also was Youtube a help? Were there any books you would recommend?

Bone Stock w/ radials: ET: 11.680, MPH: 117.72, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find a ton of stuff online to get the basics covered. In the end, experience is what helps the most IMO.
    Spend time tuning your own car, or something you have access to daily and can drive regularly.
    Make changes, see what they do, and figure out why. Take notes and save all your logs.
    Once you are comfortable with all things related to that vehicle/pcm, you can start applying what you found there to other applications and figure them out in the same way.

Keep in mind, much of the material you find will be based on some specific application or range of applications, so take everything with a grain of salt unless it is specific to your PCM type and vehicle.
    Its obvious that what works for say a Coyote won't work for a HEMI, but by the same token, what works for a VVT HEMI may have no bearing on what happens with an early non VVT HEMI...

Good luck
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes fumanchu182 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Ive been watching the following series on youtube here: Engine Tuning 101 (Mega Mechatronics) - YouTube

It has given me an insight into the basic terms used but a question right now is what data should I be logging? What PIDs are important to runs at the track/dyno.

Sent from mobile, tapatalk sucks...

Bone Stock w/ radials: ET: 11.680, MPH: 117.72, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000

Post Thanks / Like
    That can vary from application to applcation.
    Start by looking at the normalizers in the tables you are editing. You'll want to be able to correlate where you are in the tables from the PID data that represents the normalizers.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!