Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give it a shot, Mike. Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike@Diablosport, my RE is stock except for MT 305Rs. As long as I heat up the tires a bit, the car will launch REAL HARD. It's like being shot out of a cannon. The 1-2 shift "hiccup" is very brief, but the 2-3 shift is much more pronounced. By sound, it sounds like someone with a 6 sp. is on it hard, but not a very fast at shifting. During the 2-3, it's just long enough of a delay for my mind to think "ok, left of the gas", but before my foot can react, the car takes off again. It's all happening pretty fast, but it can really affect my ET. Makes me want to just go home because I want to run it the best it will run and these bungled up runs are a waste of my time; tires; fuel and hard on the engine for nothing.

It doesn't happen ALL the time, but enough that you can never get any consistancy among several runs. I haven't heard of it on a regular Hellcat. It's been a problem on several REs to the point where one gent sold his RE and ordered a Super Stock in hopes that it is tuned differently (better).

So what do you have for tunes. I'm not looking for 9s. It can run 10.50 when performing correctly and I think it could do a little better. I'd love to be able to regularly run low 10s with it. Can you help?
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    Mike@Diablosport, my RE is stock except for MT 305Rs. As long as I heat up the tires a bit, the car will launch REAL HARD. It's like being shot out of a cannon. The 1-2 shift "hiccup" is very brief, but the 2-3 shift is much more pronounced. By sound, it sounds like someone with a 6 sp. is on it hard, but not a very fast at shifting. During the 2-3, it's just long enough of a delay for my mind to think "ok, left of the gas", but before my foot can react, the car takes off again. It's all happening pretty fast, but it can really affect my ET. Makes me want to just go home because I want to run it the best it will run and these bungled up runs are a waste of my time; tires; fuel and hard on the engine for nothing.

It doesn't happen ALL the time, but enough that you can never get any consistancy among several runs. I haven't heard of it on a regular Hellcat. It's been a problem on several REs to the point where one gent sold his RE and ordered a Super Stock in hopes that it is tuned differently (better).

So what do you have for tunes. I'm not looking for 9s. It can run 10.50 when performing correctly and I think it could do a little better. I'd love to be able to regularly run low 10s with it. Can you help?
    The preloaded Redeye tunes are worth about 30 rwhp and the TCM tunes will improve performance.

Here's the results we achieved when testing our Redye at stock power level with just the wheels/tires changed, nothing else.
    Baseline pass, stock tune: 10.851 @ 125.34

Diablo canned PCM tune: 10.649 @ 128.21

Diablo PCM and TCM tune: 10.56 @ 128.33

These runs were made at the end of July 2019, at OSW, so imagine being able to cut the air with a knife, and you'll get an idea of the soup we were breathing.
    You can see a solid 3 MPH improvement from the PCM tune (30+ rwhp) and, the TCM tune was worth almost a tenth on its own.
    There are pics of the timeslips here:
    Redeye track testing | SRT Hellcat Forum

If the tunes don't resolve your shifting issue, let me know and we'll take a look at the logs.

Thanks
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
    Iirc, depending on year, you can't fully turn it off without doing it through a tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Mine is an 06 and I can bypass it with the toggle. I think the 05's are a bit more fussy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike@Diablosport, my car has all the power I desire in stock form. It's a real handful for me at my age (I'm an old coot). It will do a 10.50 as long as I warm the tires good and that shift problem doesn't occur. I'm not looking for more power, just want the shift issue gone. Would a re-tuned TCM take care of that?
    Last edited by Cuda SRT8; 10-21-2020 at 02:51 AM.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fridgeguy View Post
    Mine is an 06 and I can bypass it with the toggle. I think the 05's are a bit more fussy
    I was just going to ask you the year and engine:
    If you have a 5.7:

You can swap the TCM with a Mopar TCM / MTCM( follow the procedure its here somewhere) and raise shift points( whatever the menu allows) and RPM in gear to +500ish.
    then you can, not that you should, in autostick bounce off of the rev Limiter at 6767 RPM. car wont go into limp mode if you have turned traction control off on the dash.
    6.1 I'm not sure
    Diablo sport can help you with this.
    always lead with what car year and engine you have, better yet add it to your signature I checked your profile etc, and until our last post I had no clue how to help you.
    08 R/TCharger, Stock bottom end 5.7: LMI TRUE CAI, eagle intake, 6.1 injectors. Modern Muscle Performance Group 87mm Ported TB, big CAM, and ported eagle heads. SLP UD pulley. 6.1 timing set,and lifters, PSI springs custom pushrods, cometic head gaskets, 11:1 comp. American Racing 1 3/4" long tube headers, highflow cats with Magnaflow 3" mufflers, 4" tips., catch can 170 stat. Builder Bill rebuilt tranny, stage 2 VB, 3500 stall TC, AFI flexplate. Getrag 3.73 MTCM. BC Coilovers. Pistol grip shifter. 417 RWHP, Dyno Tuned by Brent @DTP.
    NEW04/15/16: 11.689 @ 117.62 mph .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    Mike@Diablosport, my car has all the power I desire in stock form. It's a real handful for me at my age (I'm an old coot). It will do a 10.50 as long as I warm the tires good and that shift problem doesn't occur. I'm not looking for more power, just want the shift issue gone. Would I a re-tuned TCM take care of that?
    Since I have no direct experience with the issue, I hesitate to say it 'will' fix it, but I would assume a good TCM tune would help, yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12