Thread: Crap...

Post Thanks / Like

Crap...

So this is how my weekend starts, eh?! sigh...!?!?!

20210416_192202.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know of a metal one that works or just get the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one from Billet Technology that works well. I bought it a long time ago though, don't know if you can still get them.

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    12.133@111.42, 1.762 60' 620 DA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by funkpolice View Post
    I have one from Billet Technology that works well. I bought it a long time ago though, don't know if you can still get them.
    I think they still sell them, but they want $40US to ship it :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, sorry to see that. Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. In my case I was able to retrieve the rest of the dipstick from the tube by Jimmying a super small screwdriver in the gap between the tube and the dipstick and prying it up. Hope it was just as easy for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    I emailed them about that and they said they changed the dipsticks after 2013...

Post Thanks / Like
    A few eBay places have said these dipstick handles won't fit as they changed them in 2013.

I measured mine and the hole in the tube the dipstick goes in is 8.95mm and the dipstick is about the same!, so its a tight fit! No wonder its so hard to take them out and they break... :(
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

2014 CHRYSLER 300C 5.7L AWD
    Likes blue_devil liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2013 5.7 stick started getting tighter over time especially if the engine was warm and I finally snapped it. The replacement from MOPAR reads differently and I just put my blade in the new handle. If you replace it be sure and compare the scale.
    If it starts getting tighter take it as a warning.

2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Open Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes.

Thanks lmllopez, IcarusLSC thanked for this post
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    TIP - If its not too wedged in the hole, and you don't live anywhere near those that work-it on Holt boulevard, you can use a hand-held vacuum pump and some vacuum hose to suck that bit out of there!

Post Thanks / Like
    So do you think its the o ring expanding over time?
    Wonder if replacing or removing o ring would prevent breakage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuitlx View Post
    So do you think its the o ring expanding over time?
    Wonder if replacing or removing o ring would prevent breakage?
    What I noticed on one of our LX's in the past was the plastic below the o-ring seemed a tight fit into the tube. I carefully sanded it several times until it fit slightly looser. You want to finish sand with a pretty fine grit. Obviously, remove the o-ring first..

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Thanks pursuitlx thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Its gotta be the plastic expanding over time. I had to get a long small sheet-metal screw secured in a small vicegrip and heat it enough to screw into the remaining plastic.
    I then poured some cold water on a rag and wrapped it around the end of the tube and it pulled right out.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Open Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Its gotta be the plastic expanding over time. I had to get a long small sheet-metal screw secured in a small vicegrip and heat it enough to screw into the remaining plastic.
    I then poured some cold water on a rag and wrapped it around the end of the tube and it pulled right out.
    More likely is abuse during R&R by not pulling straight up / in line with the dipstick tube...

Always lubricate the O-ring...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I always put oil on it when checking, but of course when it stuck I twisted it and pop! :(

Good news is the new one came in and I was able to pull the old one without to much issue (after a few tries and couple muttered words I can't repeat)

I checked the new vs. the old like gapi mentioned and they were very close Thanks for the tips/help all, to bad I couldn't find a metal handle to fit...

(AWD dipstick is spiraled fwiw, its not bent )
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; 04-22-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

2014 CHRYSLER 300C 5.7L AWD
    Likes POWERMAN liked this post