Post Thanks / Like

Lowering sprngs for a scatpack widebody

Hey whats up everybody, well I am looking to lower my charger widebody a bit, nothing drastic. Been looking at a set of KW springs but not sure. Anyone here lower their charger widebody? if so hows the ride? any scrapng against the fender? Just looking for possible altertives. Any help would be apprecited, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve got my KW H.A.S springs being delivered tomorrow! Can’t wait to close that (SUV) air gap in the rears. A lot of good responses about them on Hellcat.org.... even a few good install write ups! They’re adjustable, not the one & done springs like HR or Eibach. Could be a pain if ride is compromised or w/aftermarket wheels which I have now. That reason alone is enough for me to spend extra $$$ on this setup....
    I’ll post up when I get them installed. Seems easy. I got a coworker helping me. Just waiting on a nice Saturday to do it. Should be around 4-6 hours installation time (without the brewskis). I’m also planning on a pic detailed post on steps to take!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s a guy on YouTube. His handle is ‘Garage Driven’ & he goes into detail on install. Very informative. Check it out if you plan on installing any springs you decide to use

Post Thanks / Like
    So anyone else care to chime in?
    Likes Mr.C4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Take your time. Coil spring compressor for orielly will help. Did the job but not lowering, 1320 springs. On Scat Charger and challenger. The upper ball joint is a trick. Got to hold the ball joint with Allen and loosen the nut. Biggest issue. Think about SPC on camber fix. There website has good vids on doing that. But need to see alignment after job done.
    2018 R/T Scat Pack7.355 @ 96.07
    SOLD 07 Plum Daytona 12.854 @ 106.73 Stock Heads, Cam, Intake & Muffler
    7.50 with a ZERO! @ 94.94 mph on a 7.50 Dial In.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also interested in more information on this. I have a 2020 Charger SP widebody that I would like to lower just a bit. I would actually be happy if I could just get it to sit level. I don't mind the front ride height and would be willing to leave that as is. I did send an email to BMR and inquired about their SP112 rear lowering springs, which they sell separately. I'm assuming for this very purpose. According to their website, it drops the rear 1.25", which seems like it would be too much when I measured mine, so I'll see what they say. I have read some posts of people doing this on their Challengers and getting good results, but anyone have any input on their Chargers? I don't really want to go full coil overs or anything that $$ if I don't have to. I'm also not interested in trying to cut the rear springs, which I've seen some guys do. If I have to replace the front springs to accomplish this, I will. Any input appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Just run the eibach pros , it will drop it 1.5 all the way around , ran them for over a year before switching to hhp drag springs , have a ton of pictures on my ig page widebody_moparmike
    2017 Ram 3500 Cummins Laramie GDP tuned
    2019 Challenger Scatpack Widebody Procharged P1x forged bottom end , 933whp on E85 @14psi fastest pass 9.93 @139mph 1.60 60’ on stock trans
    2008 Charger R/T sold CAM ONLY RECORD HOLDER 12.34 @108.89 & 1.66 60'

Email mailed tuned by Brent@dtpracing.comComp268cam,
    Ig widebody_moparmike for the build follow

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of lowering springs...,should go to coil-overs.
    You cannot adjust lowering springs. With coil-overs, YOU can pick ride height YOU like, plus adjustment of "feel" of the road.
    YOU will be WAY happier.

A LOT of members used lower springs as their first step, before going to coil overs for more control over ride height and ride itself.
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Likes ODB liked this post