Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MopaR/T View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So read through replies one of your concerns about line lock I will let you know why your abs light comes on. It is because that’s how it activates the front brakes through the abs module solenoids.

Likes MopaR/T liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tazer Frustrations.

And then your oil temp and coolant temps. If you have a scat. Your oil will be hotter than your coolant usually when it’s at operating temperature. But if you have a 5.7 you don’t have an oil cooler and the temps are not related.

Last edited by Eric40962005; 04-11-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    And then your oil temp and coolant temps. If you have a scat. Your oil will be hotter than your coolant usually when it’s at operating temperature. But if you have a 5.7 you don’t have an oil cooler and the temps are not related.

Yessir. I can see oil temp being higher. Just curious about how the coolant temp changed? I could swear it was around 200+ when I first got the car. But now it displays 185F? And that has me thinking there’s something in the ZAuto programs/overlays that “fool” cluster module into displaying lower temp? I didn’t install a 185 t-stat. Not yet... But that’s what it displays. And since oil is hovering around the 200F mark, I can assume that’s about where coolant temp is currently? Assuming too, that the oil cooler is liquid cooled and not air cooled?

2016 Charger R/T ScatPack

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Yessir. I can see oil temp being higher. Just curious about how the coolant temp changed? I could swear it was around 200+ when I first got the car. But now it displays 185F? And that has me thinking there’s something in the ZAuto programs/overlays that “fool” cluster module into displaying lower temp? I didn’t install a 185 t-stat. Not yet... But that’s what it displays. And since oil is hovering around the 200F mark, I can assume that’s about where coolant temp is currently? Assuming too, that the oil cooler is liquid cooled and not air cooled?

That’s what I was trying to tell you if you have a scat pack it’s a heat exchanger with the coolant. But if you have an rt there is no oil cooler. But on the scat pack generally speaking the oil is hotter than the coolant at operating temperature(for example my coolant is 185 at all times, but I could have my oil up to 245-250) Your t stat could be stuck open. New the coolant temp is 200-215. It’s highly doubtful the tazer is overlaying another value over the real one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using Tazer with SRT gauges enabled. My temps have not changed in the Performance Pages. I don't use the one in the center display since usually these are "idiot light" ones. So they typically never read correctly (or should I say accurately). Or are you talking about the the individual gauge you can select to show in the Vehicle Info display? That one should still match up with Performance Pages.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had any of the problems you're experiencing. I've kept mind plugged in and I've had no issues. Now that being said, I think if something is plugged into the ODB2 port it prevents the car from calling home and checking in for the VHR and such. Someone noticed this with one of their AllState driving things plugged in too.

https://zautomotive.com/zpu/instruct...uide_2.5.1.pdf

On page 7 they say you should do a full reboot and two sleep cycles after any changes or you could end up with a dash that doesn't shut down and can result in a dead battery.

Speaking of drive modes, I wonder why there’s no explanation as to what each mode in the Tazer are? Maybe I missed it?
    What do you mean by this? You have None, Scat (I think this is the default for RT/SP) and SRT which enables track mode for Scat Packs.

The splash screen isn't something that ZAuto can control. It's just not programmed to have the Bee Splash plus SRT options. That's why some of the 2019 Scat Packs didn't have it until later in the MY. Then Dodge added it and you'd see SRT on the Uconnect with the Bee on the EVIC. Trust me, I dislike it as well but it's just not programmed for it. It's also the same reason the Line Lock works the way it does, it's just not fancy like the newer ones but it does the exact same thing.

I like my Tazer, I think it's WAY too expensive for what you get though but I bought mine used. Track mode is awesome and it's significantly louder than Normal or Sport (except WOT when the AEV open fully then they sound the same). I kind of wish Dodge just made this an option to configure or allow customers to purchase. I'd buy a permanent upgrade that allowed me to have no drop DRLs, track and eco modes, valet mode. Outside of those plus traction kill and track mode starts are the only things I use it for. Dodge really missed the bar with being able to configure the car to start in a certain mode and offer us a quiet mode like Ford did with the Mustang. Also, if I want my AEV open all the time let me select it and save it.
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, BT Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers, 20x9.5/20x11 HR5 Hell Raiser wheels w/ Conti DWS06 275/315 w/ 3mm spacer.
    Thanks MopaR/T thanked for this post
    Likes MopaR/T, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just installed in my '15 SP, rather, I used it to unlock vehicle settings. Not sure I want it plugged in all the time. Yes I had problems, but always got a response within a day or 2 from Z tech support. After about 10 back & forth emails, my issues were resolved. Z says the tazer doesn't automatically make changes when you marry it but mine did. I wrote down all the settings in all the sub-menus before changing anything (after I had to unmarry/marry it a 2nd time). So now I keep that list handy, if I change 1 thing I'll do the full reboot & 2 sleep cycles, then check everything I can think of to see if something else also changed. I too lost my sport button, I could remap it but it still didn't work. I could also get to the drive modes in performance control pages in uconnect, but couldn't do anything. As soon as I'd click on any of the drive modes to change, uconnect screen would just display the background image, all buttons unresponsive, would have to reboot it to get away from that. Turns out that in the perf sub-menu, the 5 speed trans sport mode (the setting that in their instructions in bold print says do not change) kept getting switched to off. At least that's the only thing I found when comparing notes from previous attempts. Geez, I just wanted the danged shift light & my foglights to not shut off when the high beams were on...
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up & riding anyway- The Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    MopaR/T, how "central" Indiana are you? I'm about 20 minutes east of Indy. Maybe we can meet somewhere & compare notes on settings...
    Thanks MopaR/T thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I haven't had any of the problems you're experiencing. I've kept mind plugged in and I've had no issues. Now that being said, I think if something is plugged into the ODB2 port it prevents the car from calling home and checking in for the VHR and such. Someone noticed this with one of their AllState driving things plugged in too.

https://zautomotive.com/zpu/instruct...uide_2.5.1.pdf

On page 7 they say you should do a full reboot and two sleep cycles after any changes or you could end up with a dash that doesn't shut down and can result in a dead battery.

What do you mean by this? You have None, Scat (I think this is the default for RT/SP) and SRT which enables track mode for Scat Packs.

The splash screen isn't something that ZAuto can control. It's just not programmed to have the Bee Splash plus SRT options. That's why some of the 2019 Scat Packs didn't have it until later in the MY. Then Dodge added it and you'd see SRT on the Uconnect with the Bee on the EVIC. Trust me, I dislike it as well but it's just not programmed for it. It's also the same reason the Line Lock works the way it does, it's just not fancy like the newer ones but it does the exact same thing.

I like my Tazer, I think it's WAY too expensive for what you get though but I bought mine used. Track mode is awesome and it's significantly louder than Normal or Sport (except WOT when the AEV open fully then they sound the same). I kind of wish Dodge just made this an option to configure or allow customers to purchase. I'd buy a permanent upgrade that allowed me to have no drop DRLs, track and eco modes, valet mode. Outside of those plus traction kill and track mode starts are the only things I use it for. Dodge really missed the bar with being able to configure the car to start in a certain mode and offer us a quiet mode like Ford did with the Mustang. Also, if I want my AEV open all the time let me select it and save it.
    That’s good info, DEXTAR! Appreciate that! Makes more sense.

I’m leaning towards what’s already been mentioned and you solidified here about the cooldown mode not shutting off, killing my battery overnight. And what you mentioned about Full Reboots.

I guess in the end, the added functions (In Motion Nav, DRL and Fog drop outs) are a benefit. Plus EVIC has added pages now, like page 8, 9 & 10. Diagnostics and such.

The Splash screen is there as an option to change on the Tazer sub menus. Mine did have the Bee on startup but just shows Charger now. Form what you said here, and others have mentioned, it’s because SRT is selected.

Tazer Frustrations.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley's & Hemi's View Post
    MopaR/T, how "central" Indiana are you? I'm about 20 minutes east of Indy. Maybe we can meet somewhere & compare notes on settings...
    In Greenwood, Sir! And yeah, anytime. I work in Columbus thru the week, and dad to a toddler when I’m not at work, but sure thing! Anytime. Be happy to chat with a real life Forum Member! Tazer Frustrations.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    In Greenwood, Sir! And yeah, anytime. I work in Columbus thru the week, and dad to a toddler when I’m not at work, but sure thing! Anytime. Be happy to chat with a real life Forum Member! Tazer Frustrations.

North side of the loop here, Westfield

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool just let me know. Don't let it beat you. Remember Z's disclaimer: not all features work on all models... BTW, isn't there a fuse you have to pull when doing the reboot/sleep cycles if you have the extension harness? I seem to remember reading about it somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool just let me know. Don't let it beat you. Remember Z's disclaimer: not all features work on all models... BTW, isn't there a fuse you have to pull when doing the reboot/sleep cycles if you have the extension harness? I seem to remember reading about it somewhere...
    Yeah, I got ya Man. Thanks!

There is a fuse to pull and add in an additional fuse holder thingy and reinstall that fuse into the tap.

Pretty sure it’s gotta be what a few here have mentioned about the cooldown mode being active AFTER its toggled off and the fans are off and after shutting key off. At least, that’s the only thing I messed with that would’ve maybe been active that evening? No problems with battery since.

But I also haven’t reinstalled the Tazer either! It’s still laying in the trunk with the jumper cables. LoL!

Think I’ll put it back in, remap that button on steering wheel to something else and remap the Sport button AGAIN, do a reboot and see what saves?

I’ve been just pressing the STP button and gong into Sport Mode on screen or Track mode when I feel like using other modes. Just kinda wanted this to work as it should but now feel like maybe it’s operator error?

Thanks All for the advice and insight here given! Appreciate you all!

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Change 1 thing at a time, full reboot (not the partial reboot with the CC button), unplug that fuse tap for the 2 sleep cycles. Walk far away enough with the fob for it to stop talking or it might not go to sleep. Last time I waited about 5 minutes between sleep cycles, & on the power-ups I waited for the uconnect to fully boot up (apps button available). Button remap is a live function, so it only works when tazer is plugged in, but you might have to remap every time you reboot. And with SRT mode enabled, it might just not be happy about the sport button being for sport mode. Hope this makes sense, & hope it helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Change 1 thing at a time, full reboot (not the partial reboot with the CC button), unplug that fuse tap for the 2 sleep cycles. Walk far away enough with the fob for it to stop talking or it might not go to sleep. Last time I waited about 5 minutes between sleep cycles, & on the power-ups I waited for the uconnect to fully boot up (apps button available). Button remap is a live function, so it only works when tazer is plugged in, but you might have to remap every time you reboot. And with SRT mode enabled, it might just not be happy about the sport button being for sport mode. Hope this makes sense, & hope it helps...
    Appreciate the insight. But it’s been a week now and the Tazer is still laying in the trunk...

Of course, I’ve had new pads/slotted rotors too for over a month and haven’t changed them either!?

I have some interior trim pieces I wanted to change/modify and haven’t.

I did complete the headlight swap twice but I was desperate....

LoL!

I used to work on my vehicles every time they needed something or I wanted to do something. Now, I just spend the money for nothing. Sad.

But I’m gonna try the Tazer again probably tomorrow after work. I kinda enjoyed a couple of the unlocks that don’t work without it being connected.

Again, thanks for all the input! What I needed.

“SYLVIA”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast