Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tazer Frustrations.

I posted this in a reply in For Sales, and should’ve just came here? But I wanted the seller to know it WAS NOT anything he did! And don’t blame him. It’s just ZAutomotive maybe needs to hear some feedback?

And I’m searching for some input from others too, that may be experiencing the same things?

I had to remove the Tazer this morning. More in a bit on this...

First, I had bought the 3 buttons from ZAuto and added them when I connected the Tazer in the trunk. The harness adapter to allow this was easy to install and pretty awesome to me. I mapped those 3 extra buttons for light show, cool down and line lock.

Line lock works! Although it’s odd that it warns about ABS on EVIC and warning lights when activated, but it works. Roasty Rubbers, indeed.

Light show works, although, since I’m not an active volunteer fireman/first repairer anymore, this probably isn’t a good thing to add?! But it worked!

Cool down mode? Mehhh... only works with engine off and key on. Kinda useless, unless you wanna cool radiator? Otherwise, the trans cooler is in the condenser and coolant doesn’t flow with engine off, so that isn’t worth having active.

Be nice to be able to map buttons for drive modes?

Speaking of drive modes, I wonder why there’s no explanation as to what each mode in the Tazer are? Maybe I missed it?

As for remapping Sport Mode to the Sport button on the center, it works, until it don’t?! I mapped it since it wasn’t working. I turned it on and it worked, then shut off car later and when I started again and drove, I wanted to turn Sport on... nothing. Had to use STP button to turn Sport on in menu. Annoying.

Dunno why it won’t stay mapped???

Then there’s the Splash Screen.

I had the Bee show up before the Tazer. But thought I’d try Shaker option. Nope. Nothing. Only shows CHARGER. I tried to set Scat Pack again. Nothing. Only CHARGER again. I tried them all! Rebooting after changes, of course. No changes! Just shows Charger. Well, that’s gonna have to be it, I guess?

Next thing is, I don’t like the fact it isn’t user intuitive? I swear it changes my displayed coolant temp to lower value. I’ve been seeing 203-205F before Tazer but past couple days I’ve been seeing 185F?! How?? It can’t changed temperature, can it?

I’ll use another puzzling, most recent example of my dissatisfaction that lead to removal of what I hoped was a good product.

I think the Tazer killed my battery last night?! At least, I know I got up and ready to leave this morning and had to jump start my Charger. Maybe, the battery being original, it’s dying? Car will be 5 years old in July. (Built 7-2016) I tried to use remote start but it didn’t work. And that’s because it wasn’t even cranking?! Pissed me off to have a dead battery. So I jumped it and it was charging. I removed the Tazer after I got car started and left it disconnected. Car started just fine today after work. And has since. So maybe the battery is fine? I’ll find out tomorrow morning.

Anyway, sorry to be so negative in this post! This isn’t the place for all this, and again, Mango Hemi! I know it’s not your fault!

Just getting this out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Charger R/T ScatPack

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Tazers are buggy with no support from ZAutomotive. I had issues with mine and joined the FB support group and after no answers on an AWD issue, I asked a couple times a week if there was any update or help with it as I was told they would look into it and Joe kicked me out of the group!

I had issues with AWD modes, remapping buttons to do other things (it still would do old thing as well as new!), it killing my battery numerous times (been out all winter and had no issues since.) Light shows not working correctly or shutting off correctly (would screw up lights until car was shut off and restarted.) Some modes not working like Auto-Sport.

Its a buggy toy at best with no support, not worth supporting a company like this at all...
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; 04-09-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

2014 CHRYSLER 300C 5.7L AWD
    Likes MopaR/T liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Tazers are buggy with no support from ZAutomotive. I had issues with mine and joined the FB support group and after no answers on an AWD issue, I asked a couple times a week if there was any update or help with it as I was told they would look into it and Joe kicked me out of the group!

I had issues with AWD modes, remapping buttons to do other things (it still would do old thing as well as new!), it killing my battery numerous times (been out all winter and had no issues since.) Light shows not working correctly or shutting off correctly (would screw up lights until car was shut off and restarted.) Some modes not working like Auto-Sport.

Its a buggy toy at best with no support, not worth supporting a company like this at all...
    WoW...! Too bad I didn’t know this going in? I enjoy the TranZFormer in my previous Charger. Kinda interesting that Joe would kick you out of the group, tho!?

Seems like a popular product to not garner any support. Just aggravating that all I wanted to do with it, was the Nav in motion. And MAYBE some other unlocks? But I’m not willing to have it leave me stranded because it kills the battery. That’s Bullchit to say the least. Car started just fine today!

And I made sure to reboot after any changes, and checked with key in garage and car in driveway to make sure the lights on EVIC went out after I locked it up a few times. Maybe it was still cycling the EVIC the other night and I didn’t know it?

But still wish ZAutomotive would at least TRY to fix issues? Tazer Frustrations.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing to mention, the cool down mode. Wanna say mostly ment for hellcats as it runs the rad fans, and intercooler pump to hell bring temps down.

At the Dragstrip I've used the cooldown mode on my 2011 few times and I like it.

Far as battery discharging. Mine did it too, except my cluster would not turn off. however I concluded/guessed I never quit the "cool down mode" so tazer was still active when I turned car off so the tazer was still active. Since then I have used it several times and always made sure to turn it off. No further issues yet.
    2011 Dodge Charger Ex GSP NightHawks Pursuit
    6.4 Intake w/active Runners
    Best Time in 1/8 mile 8.782 @ 80.73mph 2.020 60ft

Thanks MopaR/T thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CE9311 View Post
    Only thing to mention, the cool down mode. Wanna say mostly ment for hellcats as it runs the rad fans, and intercooler pump to hell bring temps down.

At the Dragstrip I've used the cooldown mode on my 2011 few times and I like it.

Far as battery discharging. Mine did it too, except my cluster would not turn off. however I concluded/guessed I never quit the "cool down mode" so tazer was still active when I turned car off so the tazer was still active. Since then I have used it several times and always made sure to turn it off. No further issues yet.
    Thanks! So in other words, since the cooldown mode only works with engine off, key on, and coolant isn’t circulating, it’s pointless unless it’s for the cooler on the HellKitty and I’ll probably be suited to program that button something else?

Noted! Thanks again!

I have not had a battery drain issue since removing the Tazer, so that very well could’ve been the issue? Like to hear more chime in if they’ve had the same issue? I trust your input CE9311! Just putting this out there so others can know without having to search for answers they won’t find elsewhere. Nothing out there really. And ZAuto is pretty vague.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MopaR/T View Post
    Thanks! So in other words, since the cooldown mode only works with engine off, key on, and coolant isn’t circulating, it’s pointless unless it’s for the cooler on the HellKitty and I’ll probably be suited to program that button something else?

Noted! Thanks again!

I have not had a battery drain issue since removing the Tazer, so that very well could’ve been the issue? Like to hear more chime in if they’ve had the same issue? I trust your input CE9311! Just putting this out there so others can know without having to search for answers they won’t find elsewhere. Nothing out there really. And ZAuto is pretty vague.

I've had the Tazer in my SP for years. Only a couple of times has it not "went to sleep" resulting in my needing a jump. I usually keep it unplugged unless I'm at the track.

Cool down mode works great at the track. Instead of letting that 205F coolant just sit in the radiator and keep producing more heat in the engine bay, it cools it down and circulates air under the hood. That keeps me from having to sit in the staging lanes with the hood up and a fan blowing on the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I've had the Tazer in my SP for years. Only a couple of times has it not "went to sleep" resulting in my needing a jump. I usually keep it unplugged unless I'm at the track.

Cool down mode works great at the track. Instead of letting that 205F coolant just sit in the radiator and keep producing more heat in the engine bay, it cools it down and circulates air under the hood. That keeps me from having to sit in the staging lanes with the hood up and a fan blowing on the engine.
    Well, funny thing about coolant temps since I added the Tazer...

When I first got the car, it was about 25F outside and the coolant temp on the digital gauges showed 205 coolant temp. Nice heat! Since I’ve added the Tazer, I see 185F on the same gauge.

Granted, it’s warmer outside now. But I also see 203F oil temp. That makes me think the coolant SHOULD be around 200 and not the 185F it’s showing?

Now, since the other day, I’ve removed the Tazer. And, I saw 195F and checked again driving down the road and it was 185F again...?

Either the T-stat is failing? Or, the Tazer is displaying the wrong temp because it wants to?

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, I am going to reconnect it. I’m just frustrated again too about the Sport button not working. It worked before but I had to remap it. And then it works one time and then don’t. The buttons on the steering wheel stay mapped, but the Sport button does not.

Part of the aggravation with this.

And I noticed you can’t program Track Mode with remapped buttons?

Really wish cooldown worked with engine running. Be nice to toggle fans while coolant is circulating.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like

When I first got the car, it was about 25F outside and the coolant temp on the digital gauges showed 205 coolant temp. Nice heat! Since I’ve added the Tazer, I see 185F on the same gauge.

Granted, it’s warmer outside now. But I also see 203F oil temp. That makes me think the coolant SHOULD be around 200 and not the 185F it’s showing?

Now, since the other day, I’ve removed the Tazer. And, I saw 195F and checked again driving down the road and it was 185F again...?

Either the T-stat is failing? Or, the Tazer is displaying the wrong temp because it wants to?

I keep the SRT settings active so I can see the font better (it's a little thicker). The needle does read lower than it does when I've unmarried the Tazer for whatever reason, but the digital in the EVIC and performance pages reads correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I keep the SRT settings active so I can see the font better (it's a little thicker). The needle does read lower than it does when I've unmarried the Tazer for whatever reason, but the digital in the EVIC and performance pages reads correctly.
    LoL! Yeah, I thought I was losing my mind when I saw the font changed?! They didn’t even mention that in their instructions....

My TranZFormer did the same thing to needle for temp in my ‘13 but I had a little lower T-stat in that one.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Down mode for me does work. IF you coolant is still hot enough to keep T-stat open a bit, it will through natural convection circulate coolant. Old Model T used this to keep cool. Although it is super slow. I noticed much better temps when using it at dragstrip between passes. Pop the hood, enable the fans. And if I read correctly turn off once voltage reads a certain amount and will cycle on and off.

No clue on your temps. I know setting vehicle as SRT can / will change gauge needle movement compare to stock ones. (11-14 with physical gauge) Not sure about 2015+.

Oil should read higher than coolant temp for sure once engine is warmed up.
    2011 Dodge Charger Ex GSP NightHawks Pursuit
    6.4 Intake w/active Runners
    Best Time in 1/8 mile 8.782 @ 80.73mph 2.020 60ft

Thanks MopaR/T thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I need to plug the thing in to my laptop and use the Utility and see what I can see? The TranZFormer allowed some end user defined changing...

Maybe this will also allow me to make sure that it’s up to date? I know the feller I got this from said he updated it. And I don’t see why it wouldn’t be?

But I also have sent Joe at ZAuto texts before, so maybe I could just do that again.

Just wanted to get the info out there and also pick the brains of those using a Tazer.

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I need to plug the thing in to my laptop and use the Utility and see what I can see? The TranZFormer allowed some end user defined changing...

Maybe this will also allow me to make sure that it’s up to date? I know the feller I got this from said he updated it. And I don’t see why it wouldn’t be?

But I also have sent Joe at ZAuto texts before, so maybe I could just do that again.

Just wanted to get the info out there and also pick the brains of those using a Tazer.

The utility will let you update it, but that's the extent of what it does. I don't update mine often as sometimes updates on things tend to make them worse.

If a new feature comes out (like when windows up/down came out) then I'll plug it up to my laptop and update it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read thru like, 100 pages of forum chatter on the Tazer BEFORE I bought one. Different Dodge forums. And mostly had an idea, plus what the site said about the functions and features. But a lot of the posts went off topic and it got impossible to get a comprehensive list of DO’s and DON’T’s so I wanted to get some first hand knowledge here, based on my own observations and frustrations.

Aftermarket shouldn’t be this hard? But then again, I don’t know of any other way to get open access to locked modules....

“SYLVIA”

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I read thru like, 100 pages of forum chatter on the Tazer BEFORE I bought one. Different Dodge forums. And mostly had an idea, plus what the site said about the functions and features. But a lot of the posts went off topic and it got impossible to get a comprehensive list of DO’s and DON’T’s so I wanted to get some first hand knowledge here, based on my own observations and frustrations.

Aftermarket shouldn’t be this hard? But then again, I don’t know of any other way to get open access to locked modules....

That's the biggest issue. It seems Joe pretty much has the entire market in his hands. AlphaOBD is the closest thing I know of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast