Post Thanks / Like

Vibrant question which one to install?

ok... so I see now lot of people installing the 1142's instead of the 1794's... curious if any of you actually have them and your thoughts or if anyone has heard both in person?

I had the 1794's on my challenger but as we discussed before, the challenger was quieter than the charger to begin with... that being said, the 1794's on that car were just about perfect to me.

so now I'm curious which one to install this time.

from what I understand, the 1142's although called "ultra quiet" are not really ultra quiet but add more of a deeper tone as compared to the 1794's?

I'm going with one of these as the mini bullets on my daytona were a bit much lol.... but now I'm torn between these 2.

thanks guys.
    '21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, 21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks

Post Thanks / Like
    My vote is for the 1142s, but I've not heard the 1794s in person. Everyone knows when I crank mine but no on has complained. So take it for what it's worth. I know it is definitely loud about 3K rpm.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    My vote is for the 1142s, but I've not heard the 1794s in person. Everyone knows when I crank mine but no on has complained. So take it for what it's worth. I know it is definitely loud about 3K rpm. Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    thank you for the input... good to know. I'm tempted to try these as everyone says the tone is a little better or deeper.... these things are just so hard other than trial and error or hear them in person... can you swing by real quick? LOL
    '21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, 21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go with the 1142's, go with the 1143's instead which are 2.75" in/out (which is the stock exhaust size) instead of the larger 3" in/out on the 1142 and requires extra piping/flaring to work.
    The 1142/1143's will be roughly the same size of the stock mufflers on your car currently (which are straight thru btw, stock).

That said, I'd still go with the 1794's. The 1142's on a older car sounded decent, but that's because they were pretty tame stock. But I'm gonna bet that the 1142's on a newer car will be the equivalent of stock, since they are louder now from the factory than the prior years.
    (I have the 1794's btw)

I thought you weren't going to be modding the exhaust though because of the neighbors?
    2020 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    If you go with the 1142's, go with the 1143's instead which are 2.75" in/out (which is the stock exhaust size) instead of the larger 3" in/out on the 1142 and requires extra piping/flaring to work.
    The 1142/1143's will be roughly the same size of the stock mufflers on your car currently (which are straight thru btw, stock).

That said, I'd still go with the 1794's. The 1142's on a older car sounded decent, but that's because they were pretty tame stock. But I'm gonna bet that the 1142's on a newer car will be the equivalent of stock, since they are louder now from the factory than the prior years.
    (I have the 1794's btw)

I thought you weren't going to be modding the exhaust though because of the neighbors?

interesting... and yes I wasn't going to do anything but then I thought I shouldn't be prevented from swapping them out because of that and I'll probably leave the tips so from looking it will appear no different.. and besides at least on my challenger, the 1794's weren't that much louder than stock... good memory btw on the neighbor issue lol....

I know the charger is different than the challenger but I think I'll be ok... not doing mid delete or bullets so it's going to obnoxious lol.. the mini bullets on my daytona were a lot louder and my other neighbor with a 5.0 even said something about the bullets, not in a bad way but he did notice the bullets and he did not notice my 1794's on the challenger as compared to stock...
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You said the 1794s were almost too quiet on your Challenger, the 1143s would be even quieter. Buy the 1794s, get them installed, call it a day. You'll be happy, again.
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, BT Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers, 20x9.5/20x11 HR5 Hell Raiser wheels w/ Conti DWS06 275/315 w/ 3mm spacer.
    Likes Heat00, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but I got tired of cobbling up the stock system & went solo. Deep but quiet just granny driving it, but get over 3500rpms & it screams. After the 4th attempt at mufflers & still not being happy, I realized I already spent the $$$ for the solo system.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up & riding anyway- The Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    I got ultra quiets and I certainly wouldn't say quiet. Took out some rasp for me and gave it some bass But that's with a custom set up on a SLM LM1