View Poll Results: Redeye/Trackhawk/Hellcat/Demon as a DD?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Hell to the no!

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Redeye/Trackhawk/Demon, etc. as a DD... yes or no. Thoughts and opinions.

This is a carry over from another thread where it started to get discussed.

Do you or would you DD your high horsepower mopar? What are your personal thoughts on it?

My opinion is that cars are meant to be enjoyed and driven. You can't take it with you if you kick off, so might as well enjoy it while you have it. Lets be honest, NONE of us have or will buy one of these cars with the concern of fuel economy.

I plan on driving the wheels off of mine.
    Last edited by PaulMc; 04-18-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI carbon fiber CAI, catch can, 19 grille, Ikon Rear Diffuser, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Likes snobrdrdan, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could afford to have a RedEye, absolutely.
    Likes snobrdrdan, Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Like they say
    Not driving your car to keep the mileage down is like not doin your girl to keep her tight for for next guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I would absolutely DD the beast. As soon as I get off my backside and figure out if the voltage regulator in the PCM or the alternator took a crap on me, I'm gonna start DD'ing it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would if I could afford it. I rather see those cars being driven rather then sitting in some owners garage being pampered and rarely seeing the light of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    At 600 rwhp, I DD my 06 srt charger.

Sold it and DD my Hellcat Charger, for the past 3 years. LOVE IT!

Considering trading it in on a REWB Charger. I'd DD that thing, too

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes 392WLCHR, PaulMc, Jay Z, danny25ss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Like they say
    Not driving your car to keep the mileage down is like not doin your girl to keep her tight for for next guy

LMAO BUTTTTT if the plan is the next guy gets it when you're 6 feet under do you care how tight it is for him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRT View Post
    I would if I could afford it. I rather see those cars being driven rather then sitting in some owners garage being pampered and rarely seeing the light of day.
    That's the kind of thing that drives me nuts; the cars that only get brought out on once in a blue moon on a perfect day. I mean, I get get it, but I don't. Drive that thing...
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI carbon fiber CAI, catch can, 19 grille, Ikon Rear Diffuser, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Post Thanks / Like
    I would if I could afford it...
    I feel you man. To be really honest, If I didn't take this contract to Saudi, there is no way in hell that I'd be able to afford it. I mean, I make good money, but I don't make the kind of bread that would allow me to pay cash money for one.

In order to get the payment where I'm comfortable, I have to bring in a pretty heavy down payment, which working this contract is going to allow me to do. That coupled with the fact that for the first time ever, my trade in is worth more than I owe. LOL!

What's funny is that it was my girlfriend that talked me into pulling the trigger and order the RE. I tend to be on the frugal side from time to time and don't really like spending money on myself. I was planning on buying a new Scatpack but she knew how much I really wanted a RE and I had myself convinced that I wouldn't be able to swing it financially.

So she literally put together a "presentation" of sorts to show me that I could not only easily afford it, but how much happier I would be in it, vs another Scatpack. She's a keeper.
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack

Likes Ultimagic5, MopaR/T, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Like they say

Somewhere one of those "Shelby" owners had this reaction...

https://i.imgur.com/tHu9pcv.gif?noredirect
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you brought this up, I was offered a charger redeye and I’m exactly 50/50 on whether to take it.

It’s a great deal BUT I drive about 2500/month so if I keep it for a while, it will still lose value.... if I take it, it will be daily driven.

'21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, 21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMc View Post
    I feel you man. To be really honest, If I didn't take this contract to Saudi, there is no way in hell that I'd be able to afford it. I mean, I make good money, but I don't make the kind of bread that would allow me to pay cash money for one.

In order to get the payment where I'm comfortable, I have to bring in a pretty heavy down payment, which working this contract is going to allow me to do. That coupled with the fact that for the first time ever, my trade in is worth more than I owe. LOL!

What's funny is that it was my girlfriend that talked me into pulling the trigger and order the RE. I tend to be on the frugal side from time to time and don't really like spending money on myself. I was planning on buying a new Scatpack but she knew how much I really wanted a RE and I had myself convinced that I wouldn't be able to swing it financially.

So she literally put together a "presentation" of sorts to show me that I could not only easily afford it, but how much happier I would be in it, vs another Scatpack. She's a keeper.
    Wow..: and we are somewhat alike here.. today my wife asked when my new charger was coming.... I guess I got her approval but now it’s me that’s second guessing whether I should take it....

'21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, 21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat just needs to buy another DD to drive and split the miles between two vehicles lol. I could afford a RE but not comfortably since I just picked up a new Ram as a DD last year. Plus I’m on the road 90% of the time so just like my old RT it barely gets driven unless I’m in town between jobs and I hate to have that RE payment for something to sit sometimes months on end.

For me.... pickup truck > car but I also do contract work so it’s much more convenient even though when I started I drive my RT all over the price but that got old fast.

If you can afford it... do it man. Life’s to short. Stop saving it for the next man. I can insert stand if it was more limited production run like the Demon but last I checked there’s quite a few RE out there.

Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat just needs to buy another DD to drive and split the miles between two vehicles lol. I could afford a RE but not comfortably since I just picked up a new Ram as a DD last year. Plus I’m on the road 90% of the time so just like my old RT it barely gets driven unless I’m in town between jobs and I hate to have that RE payment for something to sit sometimes months on end.

For me.... pickup truck > car but I also do contract work so it’s much more convenient even though when I started I drive my RT all over the price but that got old fast.

If you can afford it... do it man. Life’s to short. Stop saving it for the next man. I can insert stand if it was more limited production run like the Demon but last I checked there’s quite a few RE out there.

thanks... but it's not an option... I don't even have room at my house and my wife parks in the garage and me and my son's DD R/T is out in the driveway... but there are other reasons lol....

so knowing that's not an option, I'm in the same boat as Paul here... I'm literally 50/50 today on what to do. My scat is paid off but to move to the RE, I'm looking at another 30-35k when all is said and done...

one side of me says, take a loan for 30k and enjoy it.... but I cannot keep it terribly long as the mileage will pile up and it will begin losing money so I might only keep it for 6-9 months and hope to get most of my money back out...
    the other side says to myself, "you're crazy, you have a brand new scat wb with no loan and you're going to now borrow 30k for the same exact looking car but faster lol".

these are my internal struggles... the car will be here in a few weeks so I have time to continue to torture myself.

I cannot answer your poll, Paul... as I cannot decide myself... what to do lol...

no one can answer this except yourself...
    btw, the one being offered to me is white knuckle...

Post Thanks / Like
    btw the poll is 100% Yes LOL...

of course it is... who doesn't want a RE hahah....
    Likes POWERMAN, snobrdrdan liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast