Post Thanks / Like

Expat working in KSA

Gentlemen,

Am an expat from NY area working in KSA, 9 years and counting.
    I came across this forum after a long searching journey of frustration with wrong/incomplete information,
    I was searching for definite answers, answers that made sense, and I did find it on this forum.
    I posted my first topic 4 days ago asking for answers.
    This is how I felt then, and how I feel now:
    1. I am amazed at the speed by which these guys replied.
    2. I am amazed by the sheer knowledge they've, the level of care, and the way they cared, 22 perfectly aimed replies no less!
    3. These guys truly made me feel back home, they connected with care and logic, they made sense, and struck something deep,
    no wonder, they were simply confident.
    4. To name a few CtCarl, Hemissary and others deserve the utmost respect and gratitude,
    5. They walked me through it step by step in a systemic fashion. Sure enough, they solved the problem.
    One member went out of his way saying: ( You're worrying needlessly) to me, that was a final touch of comfort.

Many thanks to all of you and I will definitely support this forum, God Bless.
    Last edited by BillB1; 03-19-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post
    Likes jdm7, Hemissary, Johnsand, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Bill! Great to have you with us.
    Thanks BillB1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB1 View Post
    Gentlemen,

Am an expat from NY area working in KSA, 9 years and counting.
    I came across this forum after a long searching journey of frustration with wrong/incomplete information,
    I was searching for definite answers, answers that made sense, and I did find it on this forum.
    I posted my first topic 4 days ago asking for answers.
    This is how I felt then, and how I feel now:
    1. I am amazed at the speed by which these guys replied.
    2. I am amazed by the sheer knowledge they've, the level of care, and the way they cared, 22 perfectly aimed replies no less!
    3. These guys truly made me feel back home, they connected with care and logic, they made sense, and struck something deep,
    no wonder, they were simply confident.
    4. To name a few CtCarl, Hemissary and others deserve the utmost respect and gratitude,
    5. They walked me through it step by step in a systemic fashion. Sure enough, they solved the problem.
    One member went out of his way saying: ( You're worrying needlessly) to me, that was a final touch of comfort.

Many thanks to all of you and I will definitely support this forum, God Bless.
    Thank you kindly Bill. No other 3G Hemi-based Forum matches the level of technical input that resides here at LX Forum. After what I've learned being immersed in this hobby / sport for over the last 45+ years, helping other members help themselves is what makes the world go round....most of the time.

The hobby / sport is not what it used to be...stay well :^)

simon

p.s. I believe jdm was pretty instrumental with your last issue
    Last edited by Hemissary; 04-12-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks jdm7, BillB1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pruitt View Post
    Hello, Bill! Great to have you with us.
    Peter!
    The honor is mine to be a member of a forum loaded with gentlemen as yourself, and true professionals indeed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hemissary,

Pleasure to see you here,
    Yes helping other members help themselves is what makes the world go round
    but also helping others is what makes you that gentleman and that professional.

Hemissary, these are the facts:
    1. You were the first; being instrumental in saving that engine on my first post (changing antifreeze).
    Just imagine the damage had I listened to the local parts guy and mixed that HOAT with OAT
    ( remember? he calls both of them red water)

2. On my second post (headlights), Gapi was also instrumental, amazing guy.
    In fact today marks the first time I feel the 300 has some decent lights, after replacing
    fog housings and stock headlights bulbs, following Gapi's advise.

3. "I believe jdm7 was pretty instrumental with....last issue" Yes indeed,
    JDM7 was more than capable solving a problem (online no less),
    the guy was reading my lengthy boring replies, and came up with some interesting ECU diagnostics/solution.
    While the dealer wasted his own time cleaning fuel injectors and replacing spark plugs.
    (Remember dealer had the car physically, JDM7 is, literary, 12.000 miles away from my car)

All in all,
    My car gets VIP treatment here, it did not get it from the dealer, and it's not even close!
    I feel so confident driving, in fact in a week or two,
    I'll be driving from Riyadh to Amman/Jordan (about 1000 miles) with no worries,
    RPM is perfect, better lighting, and engine has the right coolant.

All the best !

Likes jdm7, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it back there, in KSA? How's the weather?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pruitt View Post
    How is it back there, in KSA? How's the weather?
    Spring time, nice weather Peter,
    can't wait for the summer

IMG_6144.jpg