Post Thanks / Like

EGR delete: what to do with the wiring?

I got eagle heads from a '12 Challenger for my '06 Magnum RT. I'm going to install them at the same time as a new cam, eagle intake, and other mods.

Eagle heads don't have an EGR--my '06 does. What have people done in the past with the wiring for the EGR, once deleted please? Zip-tie them neatly to the side? I think it will take a custom tune to get rid of the CEL I'm expecting (unless my Trinity T1000) can do it. Thank you for any tips!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leave the plug end on it and tape it up, then just zip tie out of the way.
    2017 Ram 3500 Cummins Laramie
    2019 Challenger Scatpack Widebody
    2008 Charger R/T sold CAM ONLY RECORD HOLDER 12.34 @108.89 & 1.66 60'

Email mailed tuned by Brent@dtpracing.comComp268cam,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoochG View Post
    I got eagle heads from a '12 Challenger for my '06 Magnum RT. I'm going to install them at the same time as a new cam, eagle intake, and other mods.

Eagle heads don't have an EGR--my '06 does. What have people done in the past with the wiring for the EGR, once deleted please? Zip-tie them neatly to the side? I think it will take a custom tune to get rid of the CEL I'm expecting (unless my Trinity T1000) can do it. Thank you for any tips!

You're gonna need a custom tune anyway with a cam, eagle heads and intake, plus if you're keeping the stock eagle injectors the tune will need to be customized just for that (eagle 5.7 inj = 6.1 inj)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips, guys! I did know that the eagle injectors were different--very good info to have!

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoochG View Post
    Thanks for the tips, guys! I did know that the eagle injectors were different--very good info to have!

You can just swap your stock pre Eagle injectors onto the Eagle intake. One less thing to have to mess with in the tune.
    Thanks ChoochG thanked for this post