Post Thanks / Like

The bermuda triangle of aftermarket radio install

I just recently purchased a 2005 magnum rt and am replacing the factory 6 disc cd changer and nav system with an aftermarket unit and thought i was going to be ok but alas after buying the wiring harness and hooking the unit up i have no sound!!!!! Ugh i have the boston audio package and need help from anyone that has experience navigating this obviously complex problem. Thank you in advance for your knowledge and help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSCWagon View Post
    I just recently purchased a 2005 magnum rt and am replacing the factory 6 disc cd changer and nav system with an aftermarket unit and thought i was going to be ok but alas after buying the wiring harness and hooking the unit up i have no sound!!!!! Ugh i have the boston audio package and need help from anyone that has experience navigating this obviously complex problem. Thank you in advance for your knowledge and help.
    I'm sorry it's so late, just ran across your post.
    I love Mopar, but I can't understand why they would over-engineer the audio system the way they did. Pretty much all of the controls are operated by CANBUS commands. What you need is a "PAC C2R-CHY4", it will interpret the commands and allow use of your factory speakers and amp. I did the install on my 06 charger rt with Boston acoustic package.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a Kenwood double DIN in my 05 RT and used this harness from Crutchfield in addition to the PAC-SWI steering wheel adapter PAC C2R-CHY4 Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo and retain the factory amplifier in select 2004-up Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mitsubishi, and Volkswagen vehicles at Crutchfield
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue