Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying a Used BR9 Brake set up?

I found a 2015 Pursuit Charger with the BR9 Brakes. I'm still gathering info on the car like Mileage and what all of it would cost.

I found the VIN to the Car and ran it too see what brakes there were. Showed BR9 and I had the guy measure the rotors. He had the Fronts 14.5 and rear 13.75..

He wants $45 per Caliper with Brackets.

Whats everyone thoughts on buy Used? They are 5yrs newer then what I have plus BR9s. Figured I could just turn the rotors and buy new pads.

Not sure if I can reuse my current brake hoses. New Hoses are not cheap.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Car has 37,323 miles on it.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Krautmaster will be able to help you..

BR9 Police Brake Upgrade - Dodge Charger Forums

The parts dont seem easy to come by..so it may be challenging to com across spares if you require them after buying the used set...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
    Maybe Krautmaster will be able to help you..

BR9 Police Brake Upgrade - Dodge Charger Forums

The parts dont seem easy to come by..so it may be challenging to com across spares if you require them after buying the used set...
    I've seen a ton of parts new and used.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can get all the Calipers, Brackets and Rotors for $280

Post Thanks / Like
    That'd be nice to have, as long as none of them are frozen like mine were when I got my car id go for it. check for obvious damages, clean em and paint em, call it good
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    I can get all the Calipers, Brackets and Rotors for $280
    That's a steal, even if the calipers need rebuilt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    That's a steal, even if the calipers need rebuilt.
    That too, damn

Post Thanks / Like
    They are $45 per Caliper with Bracket and $25 per rotor. Plus Tax and Shipping. They will not sell used Brake lines. I talked with the guy today and he has the contract with the whole State of Arkansas Highway Patrol. So he gets several of these cars a year. He also guaranteed everything to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice prices. I just did the upgrade on my R/T for much more. New hoses for the front are in the $160.00 range. You can keep the existing rear lines.

If you were inclined to do so new pistons from O' Riellys and Rock auto sells seal kits. Easy to do being you don't have to remove them first. Look for McKay brake assembly lube.
    Put the dust boots on before you install the pistons.

You will like the fade free preformanc e braking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Nice prices. I just did the upgrade on my R/T for much more. New hoses for the front are in the $160.00 range. You can keep the existing rear lines.

If you were inclined to do so new pistons from O' Riellys and Rock auto sells seal kits. Easy to do being you don't have to remove them first. Look for McKay brake assembly lube.
    Put the dust boots on before you install the pistons.

You will like the fade free preformanc e braking.

That helps. I was going to get rear lines too. Thanks

Do you happened to have the Part number for the rebuild kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I asked this once before about BR9 brakes and wheel size, particularly factory 18" wheels, but this page claims the BR9 brakes require at least 20" X 8" wheels. Are they just being conservative or will 18" factory wheels clear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Who’s your contact for those parts, very interested for my RT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    I know I asked this once before about BR9 brakes and wheel size, particularly factory 18" wheels, but this page claims the BR9 brakes require at least 20" X 8" wheels. Are they just being conservative or will 18" factory wheels clear?
    Its VERY close. Some get them on but the caliper wipes wheel weights off. Police Steel wheels are no problem because of the steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
    Who’s your contact for those parts, very interested for my RT
    It's at the bottom of this Page. Pratt's Salvage... SteeringWheel
    Likes KYUUBI liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast