Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the HP of a 2019 Charger Hellcat?

thanks for the help

Dislikes Jay Z disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ... Not trying to be a d1ck but.... Google not working? idk what it is either until i google it

Dislikes Darthvader disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On the Challengers, it's 717. Has to do with the double scooped hood. Charger still at 707? They DID get the extra scoop in the grille. Look it up on the Dodge order website. Go straight to the source, it will tell you there.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE inB5 Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Electric power steering would help the Charger too but it's still hydraulic on Hellcat, maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    On the Challengers, it's 717. Has to do with the double scooped hood. Charger still at 707? They DID get the extra scoop in the grille. Look it up on the Dodge order website. Go straight to the source, it will tell you there.
    You don't really believe that a double scooped hood accounts for an additional 10 horsepower, do you?
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2017 Go Mango Challenger T/A
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2015 Charger Hellcat #0771

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    You don't really believe that a double scooped hood accounts for an additional 10 horsepower, do you?
    Well, FCA made a pretty big deal about the new hood in the 2019 press release, it's a bigger airbox than last year, flows better with lower intake temps. 10hp? Along with electric power steering, I could see it.

Beating the Heat

Heat is the enemy of any high-performance powertrain, so Dodge//SRT engineers looked for more ways to keep the intake air as close to the optimum temperature as possible.

One key to the engine’s imposing power output is air — and plenty of it. The new, low-restriction, dual snorkel hood is fully functional and sealed to the air box.

When combined with the Air Catcher headlamp and an inlet near the wheel liner, these three sources give the SRT Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine an 18 percent greater air-flow rate than last year’s SRT Hellcat engine (32,111 litres per minute).

The revised air inlet path on the new dual snorkel hood results in an intake air temperature reduction of 4 degrees Fahrenheit.

Larger induction air box — with three sources of intake air: new dual-snorkel hood, driver-side Air Catcher headlamp and inlet near the wheel liner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Common sense alone: The flat filter in my 2015 Charger Hellcat is the choke point of my motor. Changing to a conical filter (greater surface area) and tuning more fuel for the additional intake air could easily add an addition 1% horsepower gain, whether any pre-filter intake modifications/upgrades are made or not.

And no doubt electric steering is a positive move.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.

Post Thanks / Like
    When someone prefaces with "not trying to be a dick" thats exactly what they are being. To what end? What's your upside? Why even respond if it's to be a dick to a perfect stranger? Makes no sense. But good luck to you. Nothing like retaliating for a dislike hey. Hope it make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    ... Not trying to be a d1ck but.... Google not working? idk what it is either until i google it

Last edited by Darthvader; 05-09-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Likes Mudak, hotrod1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No upside idk what end just a GENERIC question that not only has been covered in other discussions/threads but also not even thread worthy. Which is why I started the post that way thinking this must be a troll thread. Guess not. Don't believe in luck but thanks, Good luck with your 2019 Charger Hellcat that I guess the dealership ran out of pamphlets on

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, anyone who asks a question on this forum should be treated with respect, until they prove to be not worthy. There is no doubt that there are answers to most any question within the reach of a Google search. For whatever reason a member might want the opinion from the LX Forums membership.

Just because the asked information has been answered in a previous thread doesn't mean some updated information hasn't become available since that thread.

In my case, whenever I read a thread concerning the disparity of motor offerings between the Challenger and the Charger, I might feel the desire to address that discrimination, which I did in this case. With the probable offering of the widebody option on the Charger in 2020, I am definitely in the market to trade in my 2015 Charger Hellcat and want the option to have the Redeye motor. And the base Hellcat should have the same rated horsepower in both the Challenger and the Charger
    Terry

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For the difference in the cost of insurance I may go with a scatpack. Can’t really use the HP anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvader View Post
    For the difference in the cost of insurance I may go with a scatpack. Can’t really use the HP anyway.
    I did the same. Before I started my build, I was quoted about 60$ extra per month for insurance. So I built a 426 and couldn’t be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvader View Post
    Makes sense DV; more of a bragging point, especially on public roads.

Welcome back, hope you and yours are well...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Darthvader, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    yea I'm on that boat somewhat too.. would love a cat but I drive so much for work (35k/year) that it would just be a lot of cash out the window.. in 2 years it would have 70k miles and worth nothing LOL.....thankfully and hopefully, we will be getting a charger WB soon and at least that will satisfy me for a while... besides, a scat pack isn't such a bad option, especially at over $25k less without the difference of insurance and fuel and probably more tires LOL
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    yea I'm on that boat somewhat too.. would love a cat but I drive so much for work (35k/year) that it would just be a lot of cash out the window.. in 2 years it would have 70k miles and worth nothing LOL.....thankfully and hopefully, we will be getting a charger WB soon and at least that will satisfy me for a while... besides, a scat pack isn't such a bad option, especially at over $25k less without the difference of insurance and fuel and probably more tires LOL
    I've learned one thing from you on here, Joey. You ain't gonna be satisfied with ANYTHING lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes landoawd liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast