Post Thanks / Like

Brake Tick Any Suggestion To What It Could Be

I Just Replaced My Rotors ,Pads And Brake Fluid Exchange , I Now Have A Tick Every Time. Iv Torqued My Wheel Down To 110lbs . Any One Experience This

Charger Rotor Tick - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Brake Tick Any Suggestion To What It Could Be

Do you see any abnormal wear on the rotors...You might need to look in back. Sounds like something is hitting.

I suppose It could be a brake line rubbing. Did you use stock components during the change?

Last edited by SCOTT57RT; 08-08-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    SCOTT57RT
    2007 RT Charger 5.7L - Black Crystal Pearl
    Mods: DiabloSport Predator - InertiaTuned, MagnaFlow CAT Back Exhaust, JBA High Flow Cats, JBA Headers, 185Tstat, 85mm CNC Throttle Body, 6psi-P1SC Procharger Supercharger, Blown Spartan Cam, 20x9 FR SRT8 Challenger Wheels/Nitto555G2, Mygig, BC Racing Coilovers, Willwood Brakes&Rotors, 3.06 Getrag
    Thanks alexavalos392 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My Daytona did it from new, has the 2 piece rotors w/6 piston brakes. One day I took my wheels off to fully clean the dust from the front calipers. Once I drove the car I noticed the noise was gone. I didn’t do anything special just wash the caliper and tighten wheel back on more than stock. The lugs were on too light IMO from factory. Came off too effortlessly. Noise hasn’t came back and I have 20k miles on it now.

My new Hellcat ALSO has the same noise. Both cars only make it when turning either direction. I tightened wheels up more and it did get a little more quiet. I’m gonna take wheels off and put back just like I did on my Daytona one of these days. It’s embarrasing when I pull into a car event.
    2018 Dodge Charger Daytona - Indigo Blue
    2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat - Plum Crazy Purple
    Instagram: @aviorHemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aviorperformance View Post
    My Daytona did it from new, has the 2 piece rotors w/6 piston brakes. One day I took my wheels off to fully clean the dust from the front calipers. Once I drove the car I noticed the noise was gone. I didn’t do anything special just wash the caliper and tighten wheel back on more than stock. The lugs were on too light IMO from factory. Came off too effortlessly. Noise hasn’t came back and I have 20k miles on it now.

My new Hellcat ALSO has the same noise. Both cars only make it when turning either direction. I tightened wheels up more and it did get a little more quiet. I’m gonna take wheels off and put back just like I did on my Daytona one of these days. It’s embarrasing when I pull into a car event.
    Iv cleaned my wheels and torqued them down to 115lbs , What im thinking the is the rotor hat is loose. The hotter the rotors get the louder the tick/click is . It only happens when i apply the brakes . Im getting replacement rotors threw warranty . Iv changed my hardware and my pads twice. Let hope it was just defective rotors