Post Thanks / Like

DIY Ceramic Coating

So... I was at the local Cars 'n' Coffee in the fall, and I was talking to a guy with a brand new Demon. He was telling me that he had "paint correction" and ceramic coating done right after he bought it, etc etc. I was onboard with the idea until he mentioned that it "only" cost him $4k for the whole job (he did the calipers and wheels too).Soooo....that's a little out of my budget league. I am starting to see a couple of brands of DIY ceramic/hydrophobic coatings on the market. Curious as to whether any of them work any better than a good Maguiar's wax, and if they are OK to use on the matte black decals. Topcoat F11 HydroSilex etc etc etc On a side note, anybody know why I the forum removes all line breaks and crams everything together? Makes posts hard to read.
    Last edited by burbman; 12-31-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    2005 Magnum R/T *sold* Now:2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5 Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used car pro cquartz on my satin black wrapped 300. Easy to use & has held up well for almost a year
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Killer Glass - BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brass Monkey Hellcat Reps - KW Adjustable Springs - Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, that price seems high. Even a 2 stage correction and application of a quality coating should be less than that, though your area might play into the cost.You MUST correct the paint first. DIY is fine, but make sure you get out the imperfections before locking them in.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used the Adams ceramic coating kit on my car 2 years ago. it was 150 dollars. it's not much harder than your normal paint protection sealants or waxes. works great, i'll never use normal waxes or sealants ever again. most of the cost of getting your car coated by a professional is the cost of the labor to get your paint in good enough condition to be coated. you have to buff all the swirls out prior to coating. the coating is actually one of the easier parts of the process.
    Last edited by Jontoad; 01-02-2019 at 07:47 PM.

2006 black /SRT//8/
    Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.))))) (((((Edited movie.))))) (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
    Likes run2jeepn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my wife's black SUV with Gtechnique ceramic, very easy to do, came out incredible and even after driving in a rain storm still looks spotless

Now that I have tested on her car I will soon be doing the same on my Charger
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Thanks zfar90 thanked for this post