Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

"Blend Doors" for AC/Heat?

On my Charger... the left side blows cold air both dash and bottom vents. But the right side i can control temperature.

Is this a "Blend Door:" issue and has anyone worked on it?

I ask, because my Lincoln had "blend valves" in engine compartment and not "Blend Doors". Way easier to service...
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep sounds like a actuator failing or failed or out of sync. check the wiring first though. Climate control blend actuators are such a pain in the ass
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netnathan View Post
    On my Charger... the left side blows cold air both dash and bottom vents. But the right side i can control temperature.

Is this a "Blend Door:" issue and has anyone worked on it?

I ask, because my Lincoln had "blend valves" in engine compartment and not "Blend Doors". Way easier to service...
    It's one of your blend doors.

You can turn the key to the "ON" position, stick your head under the dash & rotate the temp control knob.

You will be able to see which motor is bad, by the levers not working.

I have a brand new motor. It's yours. We can meet up, next week, or this weekend. I can drive out to Corona & drop it off.

The rear motor (towards the shifter), is easy. The front motor, towards the firewall, is a pain... but doable.

Let me know what you find, brother.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes Slickawd, Johnsand, KYUUBI, Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    It's one of your blend doors.

You can turn the key to the "ON" position, stick your head under the dash & rotate the temp control knob.

You will be able to see which motor is bad, by the levers not working.

I have a brand new motor. It's yours. We can meet up, next week, or this weekend. I can drive out to Corona & drop it off.

The rear motor (towards the shifter), is easy. The front motor, towards the firewall, is a pain... but doable.

Let me know what you find, brother.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

I can hear a motor "trying" to operate under the dash ALL the time (even when car is off). I noticed that if I move the right side temp control I hear movement, but if I try the left temp control, nothing happens.
    I will get under the dash and see what I can see.
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced 2 in my 6.1 Charger & 1 in the wifes 5.7 Magnum.

It just takes time...

Keep us posted.

Bob
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    I can hear a motor "trying" to operate under the dash ALL the time (even when car is off). I noticed that if I move the right side temp control I hear movement, but if I try the left temp control, nothing happens.
    I will get under the dash and see what I can see.
    You'll probably hear it clicking. That will help you identify it. You will be able to put your hand on it and feel it clicking.

The cheapo plastic worm gear, inside the motor, cracks and no longer engages in the motor shaft.

Looks like this:

Bob
    Last edited by diboblo; 11-27-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Lux Technologies

Likes Ultimagic5, netnathan, Hal'sMag liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes hopefully it was just the actuator gear and not the part that it rotates... One of them on mine had the female part break off the door so the whole door had to be replaced(still has to be too)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine did the same thing a while back. I slapped the top of my Dash a coupe of times and it started working again. No problems since...lol. I'm sure I'll be changing mine soon as well. It's a common issue on these.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page
    Likes Ultimagic5, diboblo, netnathan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread, thanks. My left center one sometimes blows cold when all the rest are warm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    I replaced 2 in my 6.1 Charger & 1 in the wifes 5.7 Magnum.

It just takes time...

Keep us posted.

Bob

How do I approach these blend door motors?
    From the driver or passenger side?
    2006 Charger SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I approach these blend door motors?
    From the driver or passenger side?
    There are 2 on each driver and passenger side.

Poke your head under the dash and look up and at the trans hump. You can't miss them.

Bob

Lux Technologies

Thanks Johnsand thanked for this post
    Likes netnathan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get more room by removing the knee panel and metal plate, under the steering column.

In the passenger side, you can get more light and space by removing the glove box.

Bob

Lux Technologies

Thanks Johnsand thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s the cost of these?

My passenger side takes lots of work to blow hot.

Adjusting to max cold and then max hot few times helps.

Can this be done without pulling the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 94cruiser View Post
    What’s the cost of these?

My passenger side takes lots of work to blow hot.

Adjusting to max cold and then max hot few times helps.

Can this be done without pulling the dash?

Follow the instructions above your post and you can see them, clearly. No need to remove the dash.

They run about $40. Go OEM. The dorman ones don't last.

Bob

Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they all the same piece?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast