Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LMI Headlight CAI Install Guide

Here is a quick step by step guide for those looking for the ultimate track CAI set up!!! This install will require the cutting and removal of the headlight lens' high beam section. It is highly recommended to acquire a secondary headlight assembly for track use, thereby keeping the original headlight in one, operational piece.

Start with a 4" hole drilled in your headlight (I'd go 3 7/8" and file the last till it fits the tube perfect). The use of a drum type sander or larger dremel will get the best results.

Be sure to test fit the 90* tube several times into the hole cut into the headlight to ensure good fit.

then mock up the rest of the CAI. Leave all clamps loose for adjustment purposes

Once the headlight and tube are mocked up you need to prep the excess tube sticking out of the headlight for cutting. The use of some masking tape will aid in scribing a line for the cut at the headlight. This will not be a square cut so I seriously recommend you check it about 50 times before the cut and then use a dremel or a cutoff wheel so it's a clean cut.

Once the cut is made mount the headlight permanently, Remove the highbeam bulb and wrap the plug well to keep moisture out of it and install your headlight harness and bulbs. Mount your CAI tubes permanently and then mask around the tube carefully leaving about a 1/16" gap. Fill this with black RTV silicone. This will do 2 things. It will seal the headlight and it will glue the tube in place. Make sure you do the backside as well.

Once the silicone is on peel the tape off before it hardens. This will leave a clean line.

Finish off the edge with your finger to smooth it out. Put your fascia back on and walk away so the silicone cures without being disturbed. And enjoy the work you just spent all day on.

The toughest part of the entire job is drilling the headlight but if you take your time and have some patience the entire job should take you a day. The main tube can be swapped out for the optional FIII short tube and filter in about 10 minutes for the drive home and you plug the headlight so road debris does not get in your engine bay when its not in use.
    www.legmakerintakes.com
    9.39 @ 148 mph P
    WR forged 6.1 Procharger F1A Nitrous Outlet
    AfterHours Mopar Perf. installed!!!

"This is what I love about drag racing. I feel an intense focus as everything is extremely loud and quiet around me simultaneously. Nothing else besides me and my immediate environment exists for these short moments." - Budoboy

Post Thanks / Like
    WHOOAAAAA! Cool.
    George
    2006 300 SRT8, Brilliant Black
    Kenne Bell 2.8LC, AMP Installed, Johan Tuned *** 3.06 Getrag from BFNY *** Carbon Fiber Intake from Legmaker *** Arrington Competition Single Pump (Walbro 400) *** G-Force Level 5 Axles *** Aquamist Water\Meth Injection*** BT Catch Can*** Tranzformer*** Kooks Catless Mids *** Forgestar CF10 Wheels (10.5" rears) *** FrankenCooler Oil Cooler

Post Thanks / Like
    no filter?
    Members that have helped with the swap
    Brent Hughes
    Dennis (DennisH)
    (Decepticon)
    Marcos (Prican_2000)
    Ron (SuperFrawgie1361)
    Luke (04hemipwr)
    (BrewV)
    ANDY (ANDY@ECMPTS)
    Aaron (Tobysdad22209)
    Dan(drp6982)
    (Fam0516)
    Matt(6.1mjk)
    Mike(AvantSRT8)

Post Thanks / Like
    its a race car.......... this system is not designed for street use, but could be used for the street by changing out the cross tube from the throttle body and using a shorter tube with a filter on the end that would end just at the point of where the piece attached to the headlight housing comes out of the back of the light. the entire point of this intake is to remove as much restriction to the air flow as possible and that includes the filter
    www.legmakerintakes.com
    9.39 @ 148 mph P

"This is what I love about drag racing. I feel an intense focus as everything is extremely loud and quiet around me simultaneously. Nothing else besides me and my immediate environment exists for these short moments." - Budoboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Time for a 2nd gen charger intake

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could come up with something like this for the ole Paxton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Bright White Challenger Scat Pack
    2007 silver srt-8 charger 530whp@9psi 1.66 60' 11.1@123 SOLD
    2008 Ducati 1098S full termi race system est~160whp
    2005 silver srt-4 big turbo head cams meth addict 400hp 11.8@120 SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    easiest thing i found with my old paxton kit was to remove everything from the back of the blower inlet when i was at the track. removing the filter and/or intake tube was good for 2psi.
    www.legmakerintakes.com
    9.39 @ 148 mph P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascarhemi View Post
    Time for a 2nd gen charger intake
    my current kit will fit the Gen II cars. I do not supply the headlights....... that part is all up to the customer and their install and fab skills. this is not a kit for the avg person.
    www.legmakerintakes.com
    9.39 @ 148 mph P

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if love bug season in FL would give me a few more MPG? =)

2010 300S - DiabloSport Intune, LMI True Air Kit, 180* Thermostat, MagnaFlow Catback.. More Coming..

Post Thanks / Like
    doubtful....... those little bastards would be vaporized immediately. lol
    www.legmakerintakes.com
    9.39 @ 148 mph P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legmaker View Post
    my current kit will fit the Gen II cars. I do not supply the headlights....... that part is all up to the customer and their install and fab skills. this is not a kit for the avg person.
    Do you now anyone that might supply the headlight? Really want to look into this more.

09 HO Superbee #391 - Arrington built, 461c.i. Aluminum block, Paramount Stage3 Transmission and 3400 Torque converter, all installed by Authentic Performance. Tuned by A.J., Modern Hemi 2 Step Launch Control, More to come.

All old engine Best,
    0-100=5.3, Reaction=.000, 60'=1.988, 1/4=12.989, MPH=108.73, 9L/100KM, 270KM/H

2013 - Dodge Dart SE Euro, the new winter beater

1998 - Dodge Dakota - sold

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Charg...lip-27967.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just get an aftermarket headlight as they are pretty cheap. A place like certifit or get it on ebay.
    BFNY Performance
    9515 Detroit Rd,Cleveland Ohio 44102
    440-787-7235 8am- 5pm

BFNYPERFORMANCE@YAHOO.COM
    RIP NHDave
    RIP LOU1355
    Likes legmaker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This ^^^^^^^
    www.legmakerintakes.com
    9.39 @ 148 mph P

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the measurements on each tube
    Members that have helped with the swap
    Brent Hughes
    Dennis (DennisH)
    (Decepticon)
    Marcos (Prican_2000)
    Ron (SuperFrawgie1361)
    Luke (04hemipwr)
    (BrewV)
    ANDY (ANDY@ECMPTS)
    Aaron (Tobysdad22209)
    Dan(drp6982)
    (Fam0516)
    Matt(6.1mjk)
    Mike(AvantSRT8)

Post Thanks / Like
    How much would you charge to get the headlight and do the work?

09 HO Superbee #391 - Arrington built, 461c.i. Aluminum block, Paramount Stage3 Transmission and 3400 Torque converter, all installed by Authentic Performance. Tuned by A.J., Modern Hemi 2 Step Launch Control, More to come.

All old engine Best,
    0-100=5.3, Reaction=.000, 60'=1.988, 1/4=12.989, MPH=108.73, 9L/100KM, 270KM/H

2013 - Dodge Dart SE Euro, the new winter beater

1998 - Dodge Dakota - sold

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Charg...lip-27967.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread