Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still a no go. I think I will just drive it the rest of the year how it is currently and wait till I get 500 - $700 so I can bring it in. So back together the car goes

Isn't it nice to know you help a company out and you end up getting F'ed in the long run.

Man it feels good!
    So damn custom, I don't even need a sig!

Post Thanks / Like
    found these in online database:
    hope they help.

Case Number: K10723249
    Vehicle Issue: BAS light on with the intermittent windshield wipers not working on the low settings, also fault code U0126.;You may have other failures in addition to the one listed above, the CAN B & CAN C bus may be totally inoperative causing a NO RESPONSE error to some or all of the modules. Code U126 is active and will come back.
    System or Component: DTC / Error Message;BAS / ESP Light,Wiper / Washer System,Stationary Glass / Windshield
    Recommendation: IF code U0126 is set (Lost Communication With Steering Angle Sensor Module) Replace the SCM.

Case Number: K14063189
    Vehicle Issue: ABS/ESP/BAS lamps on, stored DTC U0126;This condition may occur with the original ABS module or a replacement module.
    System or Component: Will Not Clear,Will Not Reset,Will Not Turn Off;DTC / Error Message;ABS Light / Anti-Lock Light,BAS / ESP Light;Yes - Intermittent
    Recommendation: Using the StarSCAN, access the ABS module and check the part number displayed at the top of the ABS screen. If the part number is 4779242AA through 4779242AH, replace the ABS module with revised part number 05191296AA. If later, perform normal diagnostics outlined in the service manual.

Case Number: K58523165
    Vehicle Issue: ESP/BAS And ABS Lamps Are On. Has A Stored Fault Code C1219, C121A or C2205 In The CAB. Cannot Initialize The CAB.;This applies to vehicles with manual tilt/telescope steering column only. ESP/BAS light on - DTC's (any combination of) C121A, C1219 & C2205. The ABS CAB module, steering angle sensor, steering control module and/or other components may already have been replaced but the fault(s) keep setting. NOTE: This case does NOT apply to air bag light on condition with B1B02/B1B06 codes.
    System or Component: Display Message Issue,Will Not Clear,Will Not Reset,Will Not Turn Off;Customer Concern (No DTCs),DTC / Error Message,Programming / Flash,StarSCAN;ABS Light / Anti-Lock Light,BAS / ESP Light;Recent Repairs;Yes - Continuously
    Recommendation: Confirm vehicle repair history. Did the DTC's set after a repair to the vehicle involving the SCCM (steering column control module) which would include but is not limited to replacing the wiper switch, speed control switch or clockspring? If no, proceed to the steering column spline shaft measurement procedure. If yes, then first confirm the SCCM has been correctly reassembled. Look for bent/broken pins and incorrect component assembly. If this does not resolve the DTC's then, if possible, using a like vehicle perform a swap of the vehicles SCCM. Look to see if the DTC's follow the module to the loaner vehicle and the codes clear on the concern vehicle. If yes, the root cause is in the SCCM and it will need further diagnostics. If no, then proceed to measure the steering column spline shaft. The SCCM must be removed for this measurement to be taken. Check the distance between the end of the column spline shaft the steering column housing. DO NOT use a tape measure, ruler, etc. for measuring. Use a caliper for accuracy. The measurement should be 34mm (+0.6/-0.4) Note: There is a photo of where to measure on TechConnect, eFiles, STAR Center misc. documents titled "LX Shaft Measurement. Note: If the measurement IS within specification, it is NOT causing the DTC's. If the measurement IS NOT within the specification, replace the steering column assembly.

Case Number: K36115709
    Vehicle Issue: ESP And ABS Lamp Is Illuminated After Replacing The SCCM (Steering Column Control Module). Codes C2205, C1219 And C121A.;2005 LX equipped with ABS with ESP (sales code BNB).
    System or Component: Will Not Turn Off;Customer Concern (No DTCs),DTC / Error Message,Part Removal / Installation Issue,Part Caused New Problem,Need Information Concerning Proper Part Usage;BAS - Brake Assist System,ESP - Electronic Stability Program,ABS Light / Anti-Lock Light,BAS / ESP Light;Recent Repairs;Yes - Intermittent,Yes - Continuously
    Recommendation: Verify the correct SCCM was installed. The correct SCCM part numbers for ABS with ESP (sales code BNB): 1) Sales Codes SUB, BNB use SCCM p/n 5135973AA 2) Sales Codes SUD, BNB or SUD, JAT, BNB use SCCM p/n 5135974AA

Case Number: K11340696
    Vehicle Issue: The BAS/ESP lamp is on. ABS CODE: C121A : Sensor Not Initialized. General infomation and theory of operation. 2005 LX;This is not be confused with any other related CCN (mic) or ABS issue. The car is equipped with ESP.
    System or Component: Inaccurate,Will Not Clear,Will Not Reset;DTC / Error Message;Bosch Module,Steering Column Module,BAS / ESP Light;Front;Yes - Continuously
    Recommendation: Turn the wheel from lock to lock a few times, this will calibrate the sensor. If the lamp is still on and the code exists, please use the StarScan and check to see if you are getting a signal from the sensor in the SCM. Please keep in mind the clockspring and the SCM are standard on all LX's even if the car is not equipped with SCM. If the car is not equipped with SCM, the sensor will be missing. If the signal can be seen in the SCM, you can then assume either the SCM is not sending the message or the ABM (abs) is not recieving the message. The scm plugs directly into the clockspring, there is no external wiring to the SCM. The scm is used to terminate the CAN C bus, if the SCM was not present you would have CAN C bus errors. The SCM is NOT PART of the clockspring. When you view the information for the SCM, the StarSCan retrieves the message off the CAN B bus, however the SCM talks to the ABM over the CAN C bus.

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you think happened to your cluster since no one at usspeedo would of done anything more than scan the overlay on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on this??

Post Thanks / Like
    Found the solution,

which was the SCM connector.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see this was solved!
    Marines... Providing Enemies Of America An Opportunity To Die For Their Country Since 1775

Modern Muscle Performance Group 11:1 426, Eagle heads, 3400 stall tc and 3.73 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Found the solution,

which was the SCM connector.
    thanks for posting the solution, albeit a little tardy.

lol. just bustin' your b@lls, pigpen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Better late then never!

haha

Yeah I still have to replace my clock spring though, I screwed that up don't ask me how.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the connector update kit but it doesn't have instructions. Its a pigtail and a plastic piece but I cant figure out where the plastic piece goes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMassa187 View Post
    I bought the connector update kit but it doesn't have instructions. Its a pigtail and a plastic piece but I cant figure out where the plastic piece goes
    once you snap the connector into the braket, the "plastic piece" snaps in from underneath then install a ziptie around the end and the harness to relieve strain on the harness connector.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Better late then never!

haha

Yeah I still have to replace my clock spring though, I screwed that up don't ask me how.
    Let me guess, you didn't push in on the center of the clockspring so it would clip onto the steering shaft, and it was clicking. I almost did this once, at least you'll know for next time.
    2017 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack - Go Mango
    2011 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD- Redline - 5.7L Hemi Registry #1650 Tbird100636

2006 Dodge Charger R/T- Inferno Red - Gone - 5.7L Hemi Registry # 00696 Tbird100636

Post Thanks / Like
    i need to reopen this thread - any chance this u0126 code woudl cause a hard start problem - one out of 10 starts will be a LONG crank - 8-10 seconds - then the light comes on.

if anyone wants to see the service history from hell - maybe one of the techs online can look up ALL the service calls my car has had...... i dread the day the extended warranty expires.
    06 Blue RT AWD Magnaflow cat back, Veloche Velvet 565 20" wheels and 245/45 20 Continental ExtremeContact´┐Ż DWS tires
    SOLD due to way too many trips to repair shop
    lets hope my
    2014 Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    replace the crank position sensor. Many threads on this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry i'm new to this and have been reading for 2 days trying to figure this out.i have no use in my steering wheel functions ,wipers,instruments stuck in 1 mode,and the bas/esp light on.i ran the codes and got u110a .i understood most of the jargon but not everything,sorry for my ignorance but i've never had a new school muscle car before and this computer thing is freakng me out. so from what i've gathered and please tell me if i'm wrong but is the sccm in the steering column and what does the can-c stand for in the abrv. sccm can-c. if this is the issue how does one replace it? and is this the solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the issue, and you can replace it by taking the steering wheel apart, and replacing the clock spring, and SCM. I am having a similar issue, and the dealer told me $460 plustax.
    It's the BIZ doing his BIZ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread