Scat Pack Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

In transit - 2014 challenger shaker heading to dealers now

BY STAFF

While blasting through Detroit’s eastside dodging potholes and snowdrifts last Tuesday, we spotted something very purple, very awesome and very mean looking with some attitude sitting at the corner of Jefferson and Conner. Here, Chrysler has their massive holding yard and transportation hub that can hold over a thousand brand new vehicles fresh from the Detroit and Ontario plants while they await shipment to dealers. This location has been around for at least six decades and has seen its fair share of high-octane Dodge musclecars confined within its barbed wire fence while waiting to be transported to anxious dealers with impatient customers. However, what we saw on Tuesday had us doing a double take followed by a severe U-Turn across two lanes of traffic to confirm our sighting and it was worth the blowing horns and hand gestures from the fellow motorists we inconvenienced.

Among the herds of Ram trucks and the sea of Grand Cherokees, Durangos, and Grand Caravans, we spotted it, that unmistakable black Shaker bubble poking through the hood of a Challenger glistening in Plum Crazy Pearl. Soon it would be on its way to a dealer and hopefully to some gearhead who will love it while beating the snot out of its 5.7L HEMI. However, all we really cared about was how to sneak in to the yard for a closer look.
    So, what’s the big deal you ask? It’s simple. Even though we saw the pre-production Challenger Shaker edition coated in Header Orange under the bright lights of the SEMA Show back in November and again at the North American Auto Show last month, there was a cool factor in seeing the actual production model straight from the Brampton assembly plant. The fact it had no make-up and was still wearing the protective plastic and foam bits taped all over made it even more awesome. Finally, we have no life and if it has a HEMI and burns rubber, we’re all over it.

Rather than scaling the fence and risking a flesh wound from the razor sharp coils surrounding the yard, we waited for the Challenger to get picked up. As the car hauler was heading out of the yard, we followed it closely, trying to get some better shots. As it turned onto Conner, the driver noticed us stalking him and proceeded to pull over, as he wasn’t sure of our motives. After a quick explanation by me (“Hi…um…my name’s David…sorry to freak you out…I’m with Scat Pack Forums…can I take a picture of the Challenger?”), the driver was extremely cool and began to remove the protective plastic from the front fascia. He must have thought we were real journalists and a swim suit model was going show up and lay across the Shaker hood. He did raise the second level of the hauler so we wouldn’t have to squeeze in to get a close up shot of the Shaker hood.

We wanted to grab more pictures of this sick looking Plum Crazy Pearl Challenger Shaker but we knew the driver was on a schedule and didn’t want to delay him more than we already had. We thanked him profusely and asked him to which dealer it was going, to which he replied “One in Grand Rapids”. We did peer inside and noticed it had a third pedal, so hopefully someone will be grabbing gears in this hot new musclecar come spring. Heck, hopefully whoever buys this purple beauty will reach out to us on Scat Pack Forums and join our community.

As the driver climbed back into his big rig to deliver these shiny new Dodges, we asked him what he thought of the Shaker hood on the 2014 Challenger. He shrugged his shoulders and replied “Hell, I didn’t even notice it. I’ve been doing this job for 20 years. After a while, these cars all look the same.” Maybe to him, but to us and thousands of diehard gearheads across the land, we’ll all be doing a double take when this beauty makes its first appearance at a cruise night, car show or drag strip.
    Thanks chargerdriven, Billet1, Lost, MagnumClub, ZMan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Another neat option probably lost on the R/T models. I wish some of the wheels, stripes and now this shaker were available on the SRT8s...

Post Thanks / Like
    If I didn't get yellow, Plum Crazy would have been my 2nd choice...love the shaker, really want to retrofit it on my car once it becomes available as a mopar option....I also love the classic script badge on the grill...I wish they would have done that with my car.
    2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Stinger Yellow, 6 Speed Manual, Mygig, Sunroof, Super Track Pak

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the R/T or SRT emblem is not on the grill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice catch Dave!
    Men over 40: GO GET A PSA TEST DONE!
    http://lxcars.webs.com/hemihighwaykickoff2010.htm

Dislikes eveready disliked this post

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    F***. I want one.
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...
    Likes chargerdriven liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ooh, ooh, ooh... spurt!
    Izzy pics

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianknight
    I got it all straightened out with them guys. All good... feel bad for calling 'em a stealership now.

Post Thanks / Like

All sold out in 4 days, none in Canada Boo!

I guess all have been ordered. Nothing for Canadian Market?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I just joined because I love the challengers and am looking to hopefully get 1 late this year but anyways here is the above said Challenger (roughly 35 miles from me) it is in Battle Creek MI for sale.... I think I may go take a look at this, this weekend.... only $38k
    http://www.henkelchryslerjeepdodge.c...7a96ff40a9.htm

this is serial number #0019

Post Thanks / Like
    Better jump on it. Won't be there for long.

Btw, welcome.
    dave
    site admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Now we know,, this Plum Crazy R/T Shaker went to Battle Creek,, MI,, Henkel Chrysler,, S/N 0019,, for someone to buy!! Looking for my Shaker to hit the dealer soon so I can pick it up.
    Likes Art Dye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Walked into Henkel's in Battle Creek to buy the clips to reattach my rocker moulding (again) and found this bad ride sitting right inside the front door. I was excited to get on hear and let everyone know I found her. I can see I wasn't the only one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please read AARP,, Not goo for men over 40 to get a " PSA " test unless there is good reason !!
    Dislikes Go Mango, TwinCommander disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Please read AARP on " PSA " test for men over 40!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Mango View Post
    Nice catch Dave!
    Dislikes Go Mango disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for my SHAKER,, any word on how many will be built each week?? Is there any more info about SHAKERS??
    Likes Art Dye liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread