Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hecatomb View Post
    I'm a little more curious about the "engine build, and that's all I will ever say about that part" part. Why so secretive with a build thread? It's madness
    Nah man, the PRICE is what I'll never talk about. I'll leave it to your imagination LOL. FML
    Ill tell you whatever you want to know about the engine.
    Last edited by Aaron1202; 02-23-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    A picture of my car used to be here, but now photobucket is holding it for ransom.
    Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some parts have arrived. I have not had a chance to get to the shop to inspect these yet, so scotty bagged em and tagged em. It looks exciting though!

A pile of parts is always fun to have a few photos of.
    Last edited by Aaron1202; 02-24-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    A picture of my car used to be here, but now photobucket is holding it for ransom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1202 View Post
    Nah man, the PRICE is what I'll never talk about. I'll leave it to your imagination LOL. FML
    Ill tell you whatever you want to know about the engine.
    Oh yea, you can't pay attention to the price doing this hobby. If I did, it'd be enough to give me a heart attack.
    2005 Chrysler 300C (daily driver)
    • custom "Frankentake IV" intake
    • Jegs catback exhaust
    • Diablosport inTune i1000 tuner
    • Eibach Sportline lowering springs
    • custom tinted HID headlights, tinted HID foglights, tinted tail lights
    Likes Aaron1202 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Why did you choose an 8-71 over a 6-71?
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    I am going to guess a short block over 400 cubes, which a 6-71 is a bit undersized to really fill with boost.
    New Setup: 2014 300 SRT8...Build Thread Here http://www.lxforums.com/board/genera...ml#post5038885

2006 300C SRT8 (sold): Whipple 2.9, HHP 426, 740whp/680wtq on pump, Best ET 10.74 @ 131.8; 835whp/762wtq with meth+MS109, Best ET 9.84 @ 139

Post Thanks / Like
    Some parts have arrived. I have not had a chance to get to the shop to inspect these yet, so scotty bagged em and tagged em. It looks exciting though!

A pile of parts is always fun to have a few photos of.
    Two of your pictures are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by blasphemous View Post
    Oh yea, you can't pay attention to the price doing this hobby. If I did, it'd be enough to give me a heart attack.
    Pretty much, when I look at what I've spent in little stuff here and there I could've done a blower build like Matt's and paid for the tuning with some change left over...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    CFM most likely, Matt runs the 6-71 and he's putting down around 500rwhp, the SHR builds that were putting down bigger numbers were all 8-71s.
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 06grey300SRT8 View Post
    I am going to guess a short block over 400 cubes, which a 6-71 is a bit undersized to really fill with boost.
    Yeah, basically. The original kit Bob Cousimano designed was with an 8-71 running the rotors pretty loose. None of this is R&D its just the way they build them.
    Im sure a 671 would do the job, because I think the 871 can produce more air per rotation than my 426 is capable of breathing. I'll get more info on this for you when I can . It should be a pretty easily driven pulley with rotors a little more loose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures Fixed. Sorry. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    CFM most likely, Matt runs the 6-71 and he's putting down around 500rwhp, the SHR builds that were putting down bigger numbers were all 8-71s.
    You're right. The 6-71, running loose enough to run dry, runs of steam.
    I'll eventually go to an 8-71.
    The blower doesn't care about displacement, it only cares about airflow. And since these move a metric butt-ton of air (thats 2000 assloads if you're wondering), the 8-71 is definitely not overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See more at www.facebook.com/madmattcars
    Likes Tikibeast, Aaron1202 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, incase I forgot to mention; This kit design was sold to Eddie over at SHR from Bob Cousimano back int the day. I prefer to go to the horses mouth for this build. Bob, Scott, and Cam also did Hillbilly's challenger. Im in good hands, and I don't have to send my car across the US to get it done by SHR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattechperf View Post
    The blower doesn't care about displacement, it only cares about airflow. And since these move a metric butt-ton of air (thats 2000 assloads if you're wondering), the 8-71 is definitely not overkill.

We are also doing 8 injectors in the fuel hat with an intercooler under the blower.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are also doing 8 injectors in the fuel hat with an intercooler under the blower.
    Sweet. I'd love to do an IC like that.
    What are you using to run the top injectors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet. I'd love to do an IC like that.
    What are you using to run the top injectors?

Cam's going to hook them up to the stock computer. Should be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was always concerned about losing the sequential character of the injection. My goal was always drivability and the blower would basically mash everything together into a "batch fire" scenario and cause idling and mid throttle nightmares.
    I'm excited to see how it works.

If I do one, it would be 8 lower injectors and 8 over the blower on an auxiliary controller driven by throttle position or boost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures Fixed. Sorry. :D
    Don't apologize to me, apologize to the underside of my desk that just got a little sticky...

I always appreciate your math and exacting specifications.

Cam's doing it? Somehow I never realized until now that you were also in Southern California...I look forward to stalking this beast in person!

I was always concerned about losing the sequential character of the injection. My goal was always drivability and the blower would basically mash everything together into a "batch fire" scenario and cause idling and mid throttle nightmares.
    I'm excited to see how it works.

If I do one, it would be 8 lower injectors and 8 over the blower on an auxiliary controller driven by throttle position or boost.

This makes me even more excited about next SF...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast