Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    My build is pushing 850hp and if I don't run at LEAST a 10.5 or better with it, I will be getting some money back.
    I hear ya!

I was actually being a little facetious in my previous post. The point being calculators should be taken with a grain of salt. They're just approximations given the available data. I was correct in saying I was running 10.8's with 800 HP, using the calculator. MyHemi was also correct that 10.9 should be closer to 650 in reality. If I put just my weight and trap speed in, it gives me 817 HP. Probably close since we added timing after that pull. But it doesn't know that I'm actually running at 5860 ft altitude in 8200+ DA. Same with the Dynojet. It said 801 HP SAE. However, if I turn off the correction factor, I made 641 HP on that pull. And conversly, if I correct those 10.8's to sea level I'm running 9.9's. The more data, the more accuracy. That's why I log every run, and take a snapshot with my weather station on every pass.

I don't know what altitude Yar is running at, nor the DA, which is a combination of altitude and weather. Nor do I know his race weight. But it sounded like he was still tuning, so I assumed no slip, and was just going by the dyno readout. I do agree dyno numbers rarely translate to ETs. But they can be pretty close. As close as the trap vs weight calculation as my example shows. I'd imagine your 850 build will do much better than 10.5, but I don't know all the data about your vehicle and location either. But Texas is pretty low. I'm actually from Corpus. That's why I just play with the calculators, but trust the slips.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why you need to input mph and weight to get correct numbers. Da does not matter as the calculator will give you what you ran at that lap.
    Edit: Wink has it pretty spot on.
    Last edited by DBL.DWN; 08-30-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Thanks wink thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I know he was. I'm in DFW and my first runs won't be until it's a little cooler there but I'll he at <1200ft I'm sure lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I know he was. I'm in DFW and my first runs won't be until it's a little cooler there but I'll he at <1200ft I'm sure lol
    I'd kill for 1200 DA. I saw 5983 once a few years back in 45 F weather. Couldn't hook though. It's usually 8-9k+. Well I wish you the best when you start making passes.

wink
    http://www.mcvw.com/mcvw
    Thanks punisher69 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wink View Post
    I'd kill for 1200 DA. I saw 5983 once a few years back in 45 F weather. Couldn't hook though. It's usually 8-9k+. Well I wish you the best when you start making passes.

wink
    I'm going to make a few passes at a small 1/8 mile in NC before I leave. I don't expect great times there because it's not a well prepped track, more of an attempt to break the car before I drive it back to Texas lol. If I break it in NC, I don't have as far to go to get it fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see by the log, the belt is slipping in 3rd gear after 5500 rpm. The pressure doesn't rise or fall. this is usually accompanied by a broken belt, i hope 8 rib green belt will help

my DA 650ft (200m), most likely, I will not see 800 rwhp
    300C SRT8
    1/4m - 12.6s (115)
    4.6 - 0-100 kmh
    Camshaft, ported heads, ARH, diablo, mickey thompson/HRE

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to make a few passes at a small 1/8 mile in NC before I leave. I don't expect great times there because it's not a well prepped track, more of an attempt to break the car before I drive it back to Texas lol. If I break it in NC, I don't have as far to go to get it fixed.
    Let us know how you do. Hope Dorian doesn't jack with your plans.

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how you do. Hope Dorian doesn't jack with your plans.

wink
    The car is in Rocky Mount,VA up near Martinsville...about 5 hours inland. They might get a little rain from it but usually aren't bothered by hurricanes... *usually*

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yar View Post
    I see by the log, the belt is slipping in 3rd gear after 5500 rpm. The pressure doesn't rise or fall. this is usually accompanied by a broken belt, i hope 8 rib green belt will help

my DA 650ft (200m), most likely, I will not see 800 rwhp
    650 isn't that bad. The general rule of thumb is around 3% power loss for every 1000 ft of altitude. Once you get the belt issue fixed you'll have maybe another 700-800 RPM of spin on the blower. I think 800 is still doable. Your call but you might want to price a 55mm cog setup and not have to worry about belts and slip anymore.

Hope you make it!

wink

Post Thanks / Like
    The car is in Rocky Mount,VA up near Martinsville...about 5 hours inland. They might get a little rain from it but usually aren't bothered by hurricanes... *usually*
    Cool! She's weakening now anyways. Good luck!

wink
    http://www.mcvw.com/mcvw
    Thanks punisher69 thanked for this post
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually that's about right. At a little over 800 HP I was running 10.8's with my last build. The calcs for this don't take DA into account.

BTW I've got a number of calculators on my site if anyone is interested. Just click here... Wink's Hobby - Calculators

wink
    So when I run 10.8s i'll be at 800 hp?? i'll be more around 600 rwhp...im at sea level...so HP is different...I think you figured that out on your previous posy i see...
    Last edited by My Hemi; 09-05-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My Hemi View Post
    So when I run 10.8s i'll be at 800 hp?? i'll be more around 600 rwhp...im at sea level...so HP is different...I think you figured that out on your previous posy i see...
    Depends on our weight

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Depends on our weight

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    4600 lbs .3 tenths away for high 10s...i have no were near 800 hp nor 600 rwhp...that i know of car has never been on a dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My Hemi View Post
    4600 lbs .3 tenths away for high 10s...i have no were near 800 hp nor 600 rwhp...that i know of car has never been on a dyno.
    You may be close to 600 with the giggle juice.... I’m hoping to crack into the tens with a 150 shot ,300C 6.1 + Procharger F1A-94 full boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    You may be close to 600 with the giggle juice.... I’m hoping to crack into the tens with a 150 shot ,300C 6.1 + Procharger F1A-94 full boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Possible yeah... hit 11.3 on just a 100 shot seeing what the lakewood 70/30s do and the Ding VB i just had installed does before i up the shot... but in all reality im still a all stock long block..stock manifolds and cats....lol
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast