Post Thanks / Like

Got a 6.4: Save your money and get a blower already

OK c'mon for a 6.4 the only way to get a realistic return on money for HP is to go with a blower. I know there are alot of 6.4 owners that want to the power but from what i have experienced unless you can do the work yourself its just not worth it. A shop here in TX quoted me around 4500 to install a cam and tune and told me I should see an additional 25HP at the wheels?! (Are you kidding me?)

I think the tune, intake exhaust are already at their limits on this awesome powerplant. The only way to pick up serious horsepower is to forge the bottom end and go boosted or give up on upgrading the engine and enjoy what it's got.

Any disgree?
    2020 Granite Pearl Charger Scatpack
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Corsa Sport Catback - Killer Glass
    BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling with lots of West Coast Fasteners Titanium Bolts & Washers
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brushed Copper Demon Reps by Factory Reproductions - KW Adjustable Springs
    Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood
    ZL1 Wicker Bill - APR Carbon Front Splitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree, with a cam to.
    13 Chrysler 300S, Stock 17 RAM 6.4 BGE with TSP Stage 4 boosted Cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost),, Fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Cam and tune, only 25hp? I would say to find another shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes jjo, 91DakBuilder, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just don't skip the forged bottom end and a quality tune, to avoid windowing the block as more than a few have..

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Blackjac 716 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Just don't skip the forged bottom end and a quality tune, to avoid windowing the block as more than a few have..

Richard
    All true. I'm testing the might of the RAM 6.4, so far I still have all the pistons at 12.2 lbs.
    13 Chrysler 300S, Stock 17 RAM 6.4 BGE with TSP Stage 4 boosted Cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost),, Fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22
    Likes 91DakBuilder liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbsix View Post
    OK c'mon for a 6.4 the only way to get a realistic return on money for HP is to go with a blower. I know there are alot of 6.4 owners that want to the power but from what i have experienced unless you can do the work yourself its just not worth it. A shop here in TX quoted me around 4500 to install a cam and tune and told me I should see an additional 25HP at the wheels?! (Are you kidding me?)

I think the tune, intake exhaust are already at their limits on this awesome powerplant. The only way to pick up serious horsepower is to forge the bottom end and go boosted or give up on upgrading the engine and enjoy what it's got.

Any disgree?

Ok, Daddy Warbucks. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed , going fbo on these cars is a waste of money. Skip it all , forge the bottom and boost it. OR go the mild nitrous route on stock bottom and a tune and have good power when you want/need it.
    But if the goal is power all the time, NA or FI, the motor should be built.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Agreed , going fbo on these cars is a waste of money. Skip it all , forge the bottom and boost it. OR go the mild nitrous route on stock bottom and a tune and have good power when you want/need it.
    But if the goal is power all the time, NA or FI, the motor should be built.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Mild nitrous pff. Spray the house down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with your statement above...best would be forge it and boost it....but then you’d need to look hard at a hellcat for the cost comparison.

I’ve seen a few guys on YouTube add a Procharger to a 6.4, but I haven’t heard how long they actually last. Do any have any reliability background with centrifugal boost on a 6.4 stock bottom end?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    SCOTT57RT
    2007 RT Charger 5.7L - Black Crystal Pearl
    Mods: DiabloSport Predator - InertiaTuned, MagnaFlow CAT Back Exhaust, JBA High Flow Cats, JBA Headers, 185Tstat, 85mm CNC Throttle Body, 6psi-P1SC Procharger Supercharger, Blown Spartan Cam, 20x9 FR SRT8 Challenger Wheels/Nitto555G2, Mygig, BC Racing Coilovers, Willwood Brakes&Rotors, 3.06 Getrag