Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, a healthy and even heated debate is fine, but be careful making assumptions of tone thru written word. As a teacher, I can vouch that writing is not stressed in school as it used to be, and any assumption of tone is easily misinterpreted, especially online. Gets our kids butthurt all the time at school with their friends.

I own a fluid transfer pump. I actually pumped out the pan after I put the car up on ramps before I crawled under and ran into the cross member issue. Got about 3 quarts out that I had to replace, but I figure it's kind of the second fluid swap out just in reverse. It will all work out in the wash when the filter gets pulled and the magnet cleaned.

Got these L keys on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/ARES-70257-Ex...gateway&sr=8-3

They're nice and long but hopefully not so long that I can't work them under the car.

They came late Sunday, so it'll have to wait until this weekend to finish.

Obviously, if these do the trick the cross member won't get touched, so I won't be swapping out the trans mount.

I used to do what I felt was preventive maintenance, but I'm much more picky these days about it. I've been burned too many times in the past. Sometimes an adjacent part or fastener breaks, sometimes the replacement part isn't exactly the right fit, sometimes you think you know what you're doing and then 8 hours later you're throwing tools across the garage. I ain't got time for that. Let it show me a symptom before I go looking for a problem.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Guys, a healthy and even heated debate is fine, but be careful making assumptions of tone thru written word. As a teacher, I can vouch that writing is not stressed in school as it used to be, and any assumption of tone is easily misinterpreted, especially online. Gets our kids butthurt all the time at school with their friends.

I own a fluid transfer pump. I actually pumped out the pan after I put the car up on ramps before I crawled under and ran into the cross member issue. Got about 3 quarts out that I had to replace, but I figure it's kind of the second fluid swap out just in reverse. It will all work out in the wash when the filter gets pulled and the magnet cleaned.

Got these L keys on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/ARES-70257-Ex...gateway&sr=8-3

They're nice and long but hopefully not so long that I can't work them under the car.

They came late Sunday, so it'll have to wait until this weekend to finish.

Obviously, if these do the trick the cross member won't get touched, so I won't be swapping out the trans mount.

I used to do what I felt was preventive maintenance, but I'm much more picky these days about it. I've been burned too many times in the past. Sometimes an adjacent part or fastener breaks, sometimes the replacement part isn't exactly the right fit, sometimes you think you know what you're doing and then 8 hours later you're throwing tools across the garage. I ain't got time for that. Let it show me a symptom before I go looking for a problem.
    Those will work...in fact so will regular Allan keys to get them off after loosening with TORX and snugging them up before using the TORX again.

Note that although you may have drained the pan of its contents, there is a significant amount of fluid up inside the transmission / TC that may (or may not) makes its way over time to the pan.

2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123