Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    It ran me 680 labor to have the 3.91 installed in a 06 300 SRT.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - Diablotoona Tuned - MTCM - SRT Night 20X9/10 Wheels - JBA high flow cats - 3.91 Getrag - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -
    Likes frank6060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    A simple GETRAG swap into an early LX car is not brain surgery. Just need to have all of your parts on hand. The carrier, axles, hubs, front pinion bolt, the upper and lower bushings, a pink bolt set if you want, the 392 driveshaft coupler and the rear half of a 5.7 driveshaft if going into an early SRT car. Just need to simply grind the tab on the e-brake to clear the axles and you are done. Nothing any shop that can pull an engine can't do. Heck I did it on my back, by myself in my garage in a day.
    I hear you, back when I was turning bolts everyday I'd of done this in the driveway with a 12 pack in a snow storm, just sucks getting old.. Thanks for everyone's input on costs, I'll make sure this old senior doesn't get hosed.
    PHATHEMI

Post Thanks / Like
    Update.. Well I got the 3.91 Getrag installed for $670.00. This goes right to the top as my best mod ever, it's made an already fast, fun 4 door to drive an absolute street beast. Thanks to all the forum member Getrag postings for convincing me to pull the trigger on this awesome upgrade.
    PHATHEMI

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the 3.91 Getrag feel? I have a 3.73 coming- at least I hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feels like it belongs and more of the engine HP getting to the rear wheels and pavement. RPMs a bit higher as expected but just makes the 6.1 roar even more. As one of our more astute forum members has said about the higher RPMs, the engine could care less..
    PHATHEMI

Post Thanks / Like
    Update on swap, got it to the track and had a couple of best runs at 8.6 seconds. All runs were under 9 seconds, last year with the 3:06 open diff I was consistent low 9s once in awhile dipping into the high 8s. My 60 foot time is still over 2 seconds so just need to keep working on my launch.
    PHATHEMI

Post Thanks / Like
    Were you at Lancaster? Have they been open?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12