Post Thanks / Like

Tuner Recomemdation For 2010 Pursuit Charger

A friend has a Police 2010 pursuit and is asking about tunes. What are his options. I have a dyno tune but I don't think he wants that route.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there are canned tunes to be had if he buys a Diablosport handheld device, but a tune that is finely adjusted to the car while on a chassis dyno is probably the best thing he can do.

My wife's old 06 police R/T netted an additional 38 horsepower and I cannot remember the torque number now, from spending time on a chassis dyno. This was not breaking into the motor at all.

We ran through the various canned tunes in the DS U7135 handheld and proved that they added nothing, if not subtracted performance from the vehicle. Not a dig on DS, just what we experienced.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Chiming in on this. I also have a 10 persuit. I'm shopping for a tunner. Did he buy a tuner? How was it?
    Last edited by Mudajama; 05-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is very pleased with his Dyno Tune. Says its a different car. Barks 2nd gear now when romping it. Find an established dyno operator and get her on there.
    Other than the obvious end results, I like standing there listening to my ride tach up under the load.
    My 2013 R/T and 2005 Silverado are both Dyno Tuned.

He asked me about a tuner and I looked into it and told him about what I did so..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    He is very pleased with his Dyno Tune. Says its a different car. Barks 2nd gear now when romping it. Find an established dyno operator and get her on there.
    Other than the obvious end results, I like standing there listening to my ride tach up under the load.
    My 2013 R/T and 2005 Silverado are both Dyno Tuned.

He asked me about a tuner and I looked into it and told him about what I did so..........
    Nice! Honestly 10min after I posted that I just bought a intune 3 Platinum, and a cheapie Cai. See what this old cop hauler can do
    Likes gapi liked this post